• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Just a Thought on Skyward Sword

geek4887

The Unknown
Hey you know those little birds you ride on in Skyward Sword? Are they just like some sort of replacement for Epona? Just sharing my thoughts guys.:)

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well it's not really replacing Epona, it's the new use of travelling, kind of like the train in Spirit Tracks, Epona from various Zelda games, and the boat from Wind Waker.

Link riding a giant bird, flying through the sky... awesome!!!

Ariel

Think for yourself.
It is kind of still up in the air (see what I did there?;))

Because, we still haven't seen Link unmount his feathered friend, we don't know the limits of the bird. We've seen him drop from the clouds, but there were islands up above that he could explore, does he just drop from the sky in a well positioned place slightly above the island? Can the bird take Link all the way down to the surface, or just hover above and drop him. When he drops, that's it isn't it? There's no more bird to catch him because he just dropped from his bird, how does he survive?

Still many questions remain about Link's air travel.

geek4887

The Unknown
It certainly is a weird little thing, isn't it? I mean she's like Epona except she isn't. Hmm,
Because, we still haven't seen Link unmount his feathered friend, we don't know the limits of the bird. We've seen him drop from the clouds, but there were islands up above that he could explore, does he just drop from the sky in a well positioned place slightly above the island? Can the bird take Link all the way down to the surface, or just hover above and drop him. When he drops, that's it isn't it? There's no more bird to catch him because he just dropped from his bird, how does he survive?
. There's still a lot of mystery behind that thought.

IllehNylund

Mr. Hermelin
I do think because of Phi looks like she has wings, so i think when link jumps of the bird he drags out the Skyward Sword and maybe Phi like somehow make wings or make him float down to the surface.:)

I do think the bird's a replacement for Epona, because I'm hoping that later on in the game you'll be able to fly around in Hyrule with your bird, too. That would be epic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom