• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Just a Port?

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have seen many comments within the forums saying OoT 3D is basically just a port. While I am not sure if it is or not this has been said.

Aonuma stated that -

"Ocarina of Time 3D will be "different" and "unique in its own way" using the capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS. He also mentioned that he is looking forward to "new ways to implement 3D into the gameplay and make it fresh and new," saying that it will not be a port but a "retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it."
-
http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time_3D

With new content and graphical improvements, as well as 3D which I think would be difficult to just "port", I see it as a remake.

So what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
"Just a port" would be the Ocarina of Time found on the Wind Waker preorder bonus disk, the Collector's Edition, or Wii Virtual Console. The Zelda ports we're used to are basically just a ROM of the game, emulated on another system. Ocarina of Time 3D, is a whole different kind of animal. It is a full remake. All the character models are remade to fully use the 3DS's abilities, the AI and game mechanics are to be overhauled for the same reason. They've already said they're adding new content. Nothing about this is just a port. It's a remake.

M

Melmo Jenkins

Defiantly a remake. Like the above post says, the models and game are being redone and remade to make use of the 3D capability.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I edited my original post from saying "it will be a port" to it basically is a port. I don't know if that mislead anyone or not so I thought I would clarify. I still don't see how anyone could consider it anything but a remake with all the enhancements being done to it. I also don't think you can just port a game and have it be 3D, it is something that has to built into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom