• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Just a Little Mistake with the Bow I Noticed.

Night Owl

~Momentai
In OoT 3ds, the arrow is resting on the wrong side of the bow. It should be resting on top of the arrow rest, not on the other side of the bow. I understand that its not all that big of deal. I don't know if its the same on the N64, as I've never looked at it as closely as the 3ds allows. its just an odd detail that is kinda funny.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Im not entirely sure what you're talking about, since I havent played the 3DS version, but don't forget that Link is Left-handed, and if he is using a bow made for a Right-handed person, the arrow rest would be on the other side . . . theres also a chance you're just mistaking what you think is and arrow rest and is actually something completely different; just take a closer look at it.

Night Owl

~Momentai
The bow appears to be an ambidextrous bow (if that's possible) or it doesn't have an arrow shelf.
In any case, the arrow should rest on top of his right index finger or on the arrow shelf on the right side.
Here is a screen I took with a DSi:
View attachment 18299

Last edited:
T

Triforce123

Hmm, I haven't noticed that yet. That's akward. But it not that big of a mistake, I'm sure the Zelda staff just made a little mistake. I wonder if it was in the Gamecube version. Well, it was either a mistake(which I'm sure it is) or Nintendo dosen't know how to hold a bow, which is kinda weird.:dry:

Night Owl

~Momentai
I didn't even notice 'till I played masters quest and my aiming seemed off. I Don't think Nintendo even noticed that it was off. Here is a crazy idea: what if Link taught himself archery. That might explain it lol

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I didn't even notice 'till I played masters quest and my aiming seemed off. I Don't think Nintendo even noticed that it was off. Here is a crazy idea: what if Link taught himself archery. That might explain it lol

That's a possible cause, thanks for reminding us that Link doesn't seem to have any actual training from anyone but himself.

That's a possible cause, thanks for reminding us that Link doesn't seem to have any actual training from anyone but himself.
A self-taught legend. :P

But yeah, in all seriousness, I don't understand the specific problem or mistake you're referencing, but I would not be surprised that there's something like this in the game. Even in professional works, where the creator(s) do lots of research, they often miss little things. A good example would be in flashbacks in the Hellboy comics where characters use phrases and slang during periods before those phrases were invented (and Mike Mignola, the creator of Hellboy, is nothing if not a master of source material research.) Reminds me of situations where I've noticed major mistakes in the series due to some of my weapon knowledge. Take for example the "Mace Thrower" in Adventure of Link, which actually throws flails. :P (Thankfully their proper name is Guma, not something so incorrect.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom