• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jurassic World (June 2015)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
So, after many years and two underwhelming sequels, the Jurassic Park franchise is getting a new, 100% original installment.

Trailers:

So, who else is excited for this film? Does it appear to be a worth successor to the original Jurassic park film?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Looks pretty good to me. At first, the raptors kinda turned me off, but they remind me of wolves now, or hunting dogs. I think this one will be a good one.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Still unhappy that it doesn't have Spinosaurus in it. I mean, it's bigger predator than T-Rex, so why always there must be T-Rex...
Still, it looks pretty good, I have always liked Jurassic park movies.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Looks like an action movie.

I love the original--it has that classic Spielberg charm and a sense of wonder, awe, and terror.

The second movie missed the mark because its writing was terrible, the third missed the mark because, well, its writing was terrible and it didn't really have a story or point to speak of, and I'm willing to bet this one's going to miss the mark because it will be more like a Michael Bay film than the comparatively meditative original.

It's a shame we'll likely only ever see one good Jurassic Park movie.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Vincent D'Onofrio and BD Wong are in it...I don't think dinosaurs give a single **** about law & order ;)

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I do wish they'd stuck with animationics, so far all we've seen is CGI. Good CGI, but you can still tell that it's not really there.
I remember them mentioning that they wanted to use practical effects along with CG effects for this one like the others, but the trailers give me little hope for them having gone through with that plan.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A sequel has been announced after it's huge box office success:
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jurassic-world-sequel-to-hit-theaters-in-2018-1201547139/

Are you looking forward to it?
A sequel huh? Can't say I'm surprised to be honest. I really loved Jurassic World (it's tied with the first JP for me) and its ending felt like it was left open for the possibility of a sequel. I'm worried it'll end up being like the second JP film was (good ideas but poor execution) but I'm excited for it nonetheless.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I liked the movie but I don't think they need to make a sequel for it. It's technically already a sequel to the Jurassic Park series which they ran a risk by bringing back. There's no need for overkill.

The original Jurassic Park is a goddamn beautiful movie. It's a work of art to be admired. The second one had redeeming moments, but was a marked step down. The third had some cool looking dinosaurs (not a bad baseline to start from) but fell quite flat.

Jurassic World is a cool movie, but suffers some of the same problems plot- and character-wise. In the end though, I do not expect a complex character-driven story when I go to see a JP series movie, so I can let it slide. I really enjoyed this one but its replay value is definitely hurt by the hatred I have for Vincent D'onofrio's character and D'onofrio's omnipresent smirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom