• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jump Button?

Do you want a jump button in Zelda Wii

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't care

• Total voters

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
ill admit it would make it easier at points with a jump button, but the closest they are going to do is make link have some kind of flying ability (highly unlikely)or hover boots will be brought back... with 3-D zelda, there just isnt room for a jump button... all of the buttons are used with a different purpose... (this is my 30th post today!!!!)

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I voted "no" in this poll. The question asks if I would want a jump BUTTON. I wouldn't want one of the buttons to make Link jump. An item, such as the Roc's Feather or Roc's Cape, on the other hand, might be plausible and could add to the game. After reading through the thread though, I find I disagree with most of the other people who also said no.

-I don't think it will make the game too much like Mario. Even with the ability to jump, I still think Zelda will be Zelda, and not resemble the Mario games in any way.

-I know it doesn't make sense realistically. Of course it doesn't make sense for Link to be able to jump with all of those items. This is a video game. When has Zelda truly been realistic to this degree? Link can shoot light-tipped arrows, fall off of a mountain and roll forward to avoid physical harm, play an ocarina to warp through time and change the weather, and use the bomb mask to cause a point-blank explosion on his face; when it comes to jumping, the realism argument is worthless.

-I do agree that it would be a good addition to the game, but ONLY if done correctly. I agree that the ability to make Link jump in the next 3D Zelda would give access to much more game content and puzzle variations.

But I still voted "no". Why? Well, I guess I just like it the way I know it. As I said, I wouldn't want a jump button, but a jumping item might be nice.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I think a jump button would be overpowered.Being able to jump over things like fire and energy would take the fun and difficulty out of zelda.Or at least some of it.I'll stick with the auto-jump thank you very much.

M

M-SwordLink

NO! There shouldn't be nor should there ever be a jump button! It's gets away from the tradition of Zelda games! Well, now that I've said that, Miyamoto did say that this would be the first Zelda game of its new kind, so there is a possibility.

Austin

Austin
I think a jump button would be overpowered.Being able to jump over things like fire and energy would take the fun and difficulty out of zelda.Or at least some of it.I'll stick with the auto-jump thank you very much.
I don't see how that would make it overpowered. You'd still have to time the jump, which could be quite difficult.

CZG

I like reading this thread... Jumping is not Zelda? Zelda 2 anyone?
I don't want jumping, let's focus on the enemy combat and the puzzles? What's wrong with jumping at enemies?

Nobody seems to think that fighting like Smash Brothers Link might be way cooler than being flatfooted all the time...
Action, people! Plus, the downstab in the Minish Cap isn't really like the real thing from the Adventure of Link.

You won't be (more) invincible that you were before, if you should add a jump button (or jump item, if you think it's wasting a precious button). AoL or Smash Link have a weakness too.

Enemies will be tougher, faster, harder... Compare an Ironknuckle from AoL with another one, for example the OoT/MM ones. I thought the first ones were way more interesting and more difficult than the latter ones...

A

Adlez

NO! There shouldn't be nor should there ever be a jump button! It's gets away from the tradition of Zelda games!

Why do you not just play the old games if all you want is tradition? Isn't the whole idea of a new game to have something new? Is a train part of the tradition? How about turning into a wolf??? Hmmmmmmm??

What about sailing on a boat? Is that tradition?

How about riding a horse...was that part of the tradition before OoT?

How about sidescrolling? OR should they just not have made Zelda two?

How about, ohhhh, ummmm, I don't know....jumping? OR should they have not made Link's awakening?

What about a 3-day world? Or should they just not have made MM?

How about introducing new bad guys like Vaati or Zant? Was that not acceptable to you because it broke with tradition?

How about sumo wrestling? Tradition?

How about snow boarding?

How about canoeing?

Using Motion+?

Flying?

?...

?...

?!

I don't want Zelda to have a jump button. One of the things that makes Zelda unique is the auto-jump. I think to get rid of the auto-jump, would be to get rid of some of the uniqueness of Zelda.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I don't want Zelda to have a jump button. One of the things that makes Zelda unique is the auto-jump. I think to get rid of the auto-jump, would be to get rid of some of the uniqueness of Zelda.

Midna, do you really think that the auto jump is what makes Zelda unique, what sets it apart from other games?

Stop and think about it for a moment. Do you play Zelda games because of the auto jump, or do you play it for all the many other things that make this such a wonderful franchise?

The exploration.
The clever puzzles.
The action.
The artistry.
The music.
The characters.
The items.
The adventure.
The fantasy world.

I think that these are the reasons you and I play Zelda. Losing or gaining a jump button is not going to be the thing that sets it apart from other games. So I think that rational for not wanting this has got to go.

Now, I for one think that the gameplay will be more fun and more immersive with the ability to jump on command. So in, opposition to that, I'm interested in considering any convincing reasons you and others think it will make the game less realistic or less fun, but I have not heard a single one yet...

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I don't see the need for jumping in a Zelda game. There really is no reason to jump and it doesn't help you much at all.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I'd love a jump button. It's unrealistic for a young, fit man to be running around and saving the world, performing all these backflips and such NOT to jump. I think it could add a new, much-needed level of depth and difficulty to puzzles and dungeons. Exploring in Zelda is already really fun, but I think adding a simple jump features could really add to its enjoyment.

in my opinion, it all depends on how they do it. mario style jumping is bad. However, if he can jump normal human hight, I'll except it. It would definitely get rid of all those times in TP where your trying to get on top of a block and end up pushing it. So ya I voted don't care. Now I wish I had voted yes.

B

BigHeadLink

I definitely want a jump button, because it would create interesting puzzles with increased difficulty, but I highly doubt that nintendo will add it because that is just one of those 'traditions' that they usually refuse to break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom