• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

July Artwork Update

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
This months artwork update features another five great pieces from our friends at North Castle.

~ Zelda Fan Artwork ~
Sheik by Sarah888
Valoo by Smitie
Lake of Twilight by Tawny
Princess Zelda LoZ by Viasacra
Lady Zelda by Viridian Rain

All five pieces are great and personally, I think the Lake of Twilight one stands out. It seems very dark and gloomy, but I just seem to like it. It really stays true to the feel of Twilight Princess. Valoo, which was made by our very own forum moderator Smitie, is also a great piece of work. It is bright and colorful and just looks pretty cool. Princess Zelda LoZ is similar to artwork we featured in the past, and it is similar to the official artwork of Princess Zelda from the original Legend of Zelda.

Hope you all enjoyed this months artwork. Which is your favorite of the pieces listed above? Head on over to our Zelda Forums to voice your opinion.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Smitie's is pretty cool, but other that that, I don't really like any of them.

EDIT: Now that I've given Lake of Twilight a better look, it's actually pretty nice. I just don't see that relationship happening.

Last edited:

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
You forgot to mention that this month was North Castle's 12th birthday! :3

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
My favorite pieces of art this time are Sheik and Lake of Twilight. They are drawn with such detail and are really, really good. Also, good job on "Valoo", Smitie. :)

Also, Happy Birthday North Castle. You are now officially older than me.

"Sheik" is simply amazing. Brilliant shading, and awesome detail. I'd say it wins by a long shot, this month.

"Lake of Twilight" was also a pretty good drawing, but I must say, its subject is a bit odd.

"Valoo" is also pretty cool. Great job Smitsk- Smitie! :P

D

Deleted member 121

Valoo is very well done and is my favorite out of this group. You captured WW's cell shading stye perfectly while remaining unique. Excelent work Smitie!

My second favorite one is Shiek. Very nice attention to detail! Good job Sarah 888!

The other ones are very good too! *thumbs up*

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Valoo is exellent! Well done smitie! You've got the shading perfect!
Lake of twilight is awesome! But the relationship between Zant, and Minda? #shudders#
Sheik is very detailed and perfectly captured, the detail is stunning, and the shading, masterful! Other than that, these are all great! I hope these guys keep it up!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I thought all of the works were great, however, Princess Zelda LOZ kinda lacked color. Well, Smitie, it looks like you have once again outdone me. :P

Twilight Lake really shared the artistic style that Twilight Princess had. The nice colors of the background really meshed together with the detail. Sheik looks a lot like what a lot of people would expect from Official Artwork, if not better. Lady Zelda also looked pretty nice.

Happy 12th birthday, North Castle!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom