• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Julian Assange arrested and talk about whistleblowers being arreasted allover the world

the8thark

ZD Champion
You can look up many articles on this. I've found a good video on the subject.
https://www.infowars.com/watch/?video=5caf993c1766cd001de65fb6

The short explanation is Ecuador didn't like Assange when some of his Wikileaks whistleblowing of the facts related to the Ecuadorian govenrment doing wrong. So they have him his marching orders from the embassy. Of cause the US police were waiting at the door so they arrested him the second he stepped foot outside the embassy.

This brings up a major issue consuming the world now. THis being the persecution of whistleblowers. It doesn't matter if you try to expose the truths in your local council or residents association or the government of the nation, the results are the same. Those who are having their dirty and wrong doing exposed, do everything in their power to attack and suppress the facts being exposed. They even try to have the person doing the whistleblowing, arrested.

The world collectively needs to stepup and provide more protections to whistleblowers. Those who risk everything to expose wrong doing deserve our praise and protection. They should not be arrested. Good people only interested in exposing the truth should not be rotting in the prisons of the world.

A Link In Time

Break the Ice!
ZD Legend
I think it makes sense for nation states to guard their secrets from whistle blowers, but I think it's much more important for the truth to come out and for corruption to be exposed. That's why I hope Donald Trump pardons Edward Snowden one day.

Julian Assange is someone who released uncensored information to the public. Here in the U.S., he's exposed the Republicans for war mongering during the time of the Iraq War and the Democrats for rigging the 2016 primaries to benefit Hillary Clinton.

Anyhow, as far as I understand, the current accusations against him are related to claims of sexual assault. So I think they should be investigated. If he's acquitted, then I hope he continues to do what he does.

Deus

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
ZD Champion
but he was giving state secrets...
The state's crimes should not be kept secret. They should be exposed and those responsible held to account.

Though I think he is being accused of some kind of sexual assault in this particular case.

the8thark

ZD Champion
The sexual assault case which I think has been aquitted was with Sweeden, not the USA. Though Sweeden might reopen it.
Regardless, that means he wuld be taken to Sweeden to face the courts there, not the USA. The US taking Assange is 100% political.

Here is a very good video explaining the whole history of Assange and why he ended up in the embassy.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think that regardless of his character being unpleasant that it speaks volumes about why the world is absolutely ****ed, when people actually believe we’re better off being lied to by our own governments than knowing the truth because that is what the government has told them. Assange exposed war crimes. Of course the establishment doesn’t like him and wants to villify him. And now he’s going to end up dead either by execution or in “mysterious” circumstances and everyone is going to say good riddance. And our future generations will look back at how ****ed up we all are.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yeah. This is troubling but it's been a long time coming. The guy screwed with world governments. It's only been a matter of time before someone got to him and I am not surprised it's the US government that got their grubby mitts on him.

World governments are comfortably becoming ever more totalitarian every day. I hope Assange doesn't go down as a martyr but that's the risk he's taken. He seems to live for this sort of thing. He's more responsible than most whistle blowers and doesn't take sides. For all I know he's a damned hero and he could very well end up being instrumental in bringing about world revolution some day if (heaven forbid!) it ever comes to that.

I'm most interested in seeing what happens if this dead man's switch he claims to have fires off.

The best thing that could come out of his arrest is for him to stand before a federal grand jury and sing like a canary and expose every delicious detail of DNC collusion and corruption he has on file (not that most of it hasn't already been publicly available and ready to put forward as evidence for years). I gotta wonder if this isn't why the US moved to arrest him and if Trump doesn't have more to do with it than he lets on. It would be a simple matter for Trump to pardon Assange in exchange for testimony against DNC ringleaders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom