• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jousting for Freedom

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Jousting for Freedom (RP sign ups)

So I'm making an RP called Jousting for Freedom, here's the general background...

This story takes place in modern times. So there's midieval tournaments that happen in towns across the country (U.S), and they all fight for the championship over the course of one year each year, to win the nationwide match. One team from each state goes to the finals, and they get narrowed down over the one month of the finalist tournaments. The leaders of each group may opt to switch team members with another group, if they want, but the other leader must comply. The finals are already starting, and you are just heading out to go to Wyoming where the tournaments will be held. Your goal is to win for the state/team that you are from, to win your team the title of Nationwide Champions.

I bursted with this fun idea after having a dream or something, and now I'd like to share it with you and let you guys participate. So if you'd like to sign up, here is the form. And there are also guidelines for what you can and cannot put in your sign up sheet.

Name:
Hair color/Style:
Eye color:
Clothes:
Personality:
Background:
Other:
(TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS ONLY)
What state you are from:
Weapons:
Tournament group:
Tournament colors and sign:
What part of the tournament you fight in:

GUIDELINES (phew, a lot but bear with me):

1 - Your character cannot be overly powerful, so none of this "My character is so good they never loose at a tournament battle". That is a BIG NO.
2 - Your character can be a tournament champion for one of the tournament group partakers, but if that is the case you'll need to fill out extra of the form.
3 - NO magic, yes there is the midieval tournament stuff and all, but there is NO magic in this story, so no characters with magical charmes, powers or anything.
4 - Please keep your age fairly young, between 10 and 50 years old.
5 - You CANNOT have a weapon if you are not a tournament champion.
6 - There is no choice for race, you MUST be human.
7 - The options for what part of the tournament you fight in are: Jousting, Sword combat, Hand to hand combat, and Archery.
8 - You may only pick ONE thing to fight in, you CANNOT pick more than one.
9 - There are five people to a tournament group.
10 - You can be in the same tournament group of you like, but you cannot have the same fighting area as anyone else in that group.
11 - The fifth spot in a group is for someone who has minor skill in all areas, and will take over for someone if they aren't present at the tournament, but is the leader of the group.
12 - As far as backgrounds go, let's try to be creative and come up with something of your own and not be too cleche.
13 - Include EVERYTHING about your character in the sign up sheet, DO NOT leave anything out and then add it in later in the game.
14 - You cannot be from the same state as someone else unless you are on the same team.
15 - No godmodding, let's make this a fair game.
16 - If ya'll wanna controll an NPC(non player character) while your character is talking to one of them, that's fine, but the main NPCs will be controlled by me.
17 - Have fun!

If I missed anything, you'll have to pardon me, because I might point something out that wasn't in these rules and I'm terribly sorry for ruining your experience by saying it in the middle of the game. :(

So sign up! If you have any questions PLEASE do not hesitate to ask, I will be happy to oblige. ;)

My character:

Name: Kathrine Heartenair
Hair color/Style: Long brown hair to her waist, in a ponytail
Eye color: Dark green
Clothes: Jeans, a red t-shirt (when not fighting in the tournaments, but armor when she is)
Personality: Determined, wont show her real emotions when around people, outgoing
Background: Let's keep that a secret because it does have to do with the plot
Other: N/A
What state you are from: Wyoming
Weapons: Sword, shield, bow, lance
Tournament group: The Knights (Note, this group is full, your characters may not be in this group, sorry it's part of the plot)
Tournament colors and sign: A red background with a yellow knights riding a horse on a shield
What part of the tournament you fight in: Secret, can't say...

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Name: Will Glay
hair color/style: brown down to base of his neck
Eye color:hazel
clothes: grey and red sweat shirt blue jeans
personality: soft spoken and calm
background(1 of the three depending on the situation) 1 he joined the groop at frist as something for him to do found out that he was good at it and tried out for the team.
From Pennsylvania
Weapons None
Group The Yoman and Knights
Colors and symbol A green field (background) a yellow weapon rack with a bow a buckler a short sword a broad sword and shield.
what part of the tournamenthand to hand.
Let me know if I have to change anything.

Last edited:
Name:Kirinen Ferandarik
Hair color/Style: Dark brown, held back from her face and otherwise loose. Hangs to her mid-back.
Eye color: Pale blue
Clothes: Black sleeveless shirt and dark jeans. Wears simple sneakers and black arm-guards, as well as a dark gray bodice with pockets. It may be worth note that her quiver is leather in a subdued purple with black designs and a black strap.
Personality: Calm, very contained. Tends to pull in with stronger emotions, like anger or shame. Outgoing, like to make her identity and business known quickly
Background: Hmr... Moved a lot as a kid, but always loved the sea and outdoors. Ha sbeen an archer since she was eight, and has been a part of the tournament since about 13, but never made it to finals. Her mother has been recently diagnosed with HIV, and Kirinen fears for her life on top of everything.
Other: Likes fire... a lot. Maybe a bit too much. Is very good with it as a result.
State: Alaska
Weapons: A compound longbow, two silver knives.
Tournament group: The Rekindled
Tournament colors and sign: A small flame in the center of a gold-edged black banner. Gold, mahogany and black.
Tournament sector: Archery

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom