• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jokes you didn't get as a kid, but do now

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
So when I was a young kid and saw this episode of Family Guy, I looked at it completely at its surface level and thought Peter made them all angry by talking about men. Then some years back, I saw this episode pass on TV and it got to this part, and holy crap I was dying of laughter b/c I understood the joke of it.

Of course there's tons of other examples but this one stuck out to me the most. What jokes from any media did you not understand as kids but do now?

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the French man taunts King Arthur and friends and calls them, "Filthy English kanigets"

Well, it wasn't until I was older that I realized since he's French, he's not saying "knight" correctly, but phonetically.

Much lulz were had when I found out.

Also, killer rabbits are a thing in Medieval manuscripts. Evidently, the monks got bored, as there's all sorts of silly things in the margins of some Medieval codices.

Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Violent Rabbits?

You Won't Believe These Images Are From Real Medieval Manuscripts! | The  Æthelmearc Gazette | Medieval art, Medieval, Medieval manuscript

Why Butt Trumpets & Other Bizarre Images Appeared in Illuminated Medieval  Manuscripts | Open Culture

Dr. Erik Wade on Twitter: Medieval snail battles are a meme that's  survived CENTURIES and still cool to people. (BNF, MS Français 19093, f. 2)  https://t.co/Dwd5J2tb0W / Twitter

So, evidently, Monty Python weren't too far off the mark. But, I'll never quite understand Medieval monks' fascination with killer snails though...

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the French man taunts King Arthur and friends and calls them, "Filthy English kanigets"

Well, it wasn't until I was older that I realized since he's French, he's not saying "knight" correctly, but phonetically.

Much lulz were had when I found out.

Also, killer rabbits are a thing in Medieval manuscripts. Evidently, the monks got bored, as there's all sorts of silly things in the margins of some Medieval codices.

Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Violent Rabbits?

You Won't Believe These Images Are From Real Medieval Manuscripts! | The  Æthelmearc Gazette | Medieval art, Medieval, Medieval manuscript't Believe These Images Are From Real Medieval Manuscripts! | The  Æthelmearc Gazette | Medieval art, Medieval, Medieval manuscript

Why Butt Trumpets & Other Bizarre Images Appeared in Illuminated Medieval  Manuscripts | Open Culture

Dr. Erik Wade on Twitter: Medieval snail battles are a meme that's  survived CENTURIES and still cool to people. (BNF, MS Français 19093, f. 2)  https://t.co/Dwd5J2tb0W / Twitter's  survived CENTURIES and still cool to people. (BNF, MS Français 19093, f. 2)  https://t.co/Dwd5J2tb0W / Twitter

So, evidently, Monty Python weren't too far off the mark. But, I'll never quite understand Medieval monks' fascination with killer snails though...
That butt trumpet pic killed me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom