• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

John Cena in talks to play Duke Nukem

Interested?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Not Sure Yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e.../john-cena-star-duke-nukem-film-a8174256.html

Duke Nukem isn't exactly relevant right now but they are making a film with John Cena in talks to play the character so I'm sure his participation would produce interest and I think old fans of the games would pay to see the movie.

I'd see it just because of how hilarious The Duke is. Playing Duke Nukem Forever was painful but it was still hilarious. So long as they kept the character like he is in the games I think the film could be just as funny.

It could be a potentially enjoyable watch, but like with most video game movie adaptions probably won't be the best film.

Would you go and see a Duke Nukem movie?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Meh, it's a video game movie. Chances are, they're probably not going to understand the charm of the character and just turn Duke into a generic Michael Bay action hero.

Well, he definitely looks the part. Guy seems like a decent actor too, although Duke isn't exactly the most complex or interesting character in video games.

Can't say I'd want to see the film though, not a fan of the games and I think Duke himself isn't as funny as some people from the 90s would like to remember he is.

Ninja

Well well well
If they dye his hair blonde and give him a sick bro-pump through the entire movie, I can see this working. He definitely has the personality traits for the role, however I think this would be a video game gag movie if anything. This would be a movie that I'd stumble upon watching a few years after release on accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom