• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jobs.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
First job was warehouse/office assistant at a small door hardware company. Left largely because I needed more hours to help pay for school.

Second job was at a super market. Worked 35+ hours most weeks while being a full time student. Generally had 5 classes 2 days of the week and worked the other 5 days of the week. Started as a bagger and was promoted to service desk and later to the secondary bookkeeper.

Current job (first job after college) is as a network/PC analyst. Been here a year. It's nice. I work at a non-profit that helps with early education, senior service, family services and the like. Pay is decent for a starting job.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I volunteered at a charity shop which is kind of a job. I found it ok but rather dull. Then I managed a shady gym for a bit and then I went to university. After that I worked as a Podiatrist in a private practice for a couple of the worst years of my life. It was truly awful there for a multitude of reasons and I was too miserable to get the motivation to leave for a long time, but eventually I did and started up my own business instead. Still a Podiatrist but I work alone now.

I love having my own business because it gives you much freedom. To choose when you want to work, how much to charge for your services. You don't have an annoying boss and your labour isn't exploited for far less money than you think it is worth. Making money for some CEO to go swanning around having fun in foreign lands is not what I want to be doing.

I'll probably stick with this unless I inherit or win a few million as there isn't anything else I would prefer to be doing at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom