• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jobs!

Therapist Bill

The Pianist
Heya ZD! :)

You guys got any jobs?
I've had many; started out in a little Louisianian ice cream shop when I was 12 and nowadays I'm a sales assistant at IKEA. ^^

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I worked at A&W a few years ago, but quit because my boss was a dick and treated me like ****.

I'm not currently employed, however I did receive a direct offer from somebody I know to work at their store, so I'm going to take that job.

Sheik

:the:
So when you say you had a job at 12, do you mean... a """job""", or like, a "job"? Or just like, volunteering? Why do I ask? No reason. ^^

Um, anyways, two summers from now, I'll probably be working at this swim club near where I live, since I won't have a ton of other options open anyways, so...

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
For the past 5 1/2 years I've worked with mentally disabled people. Before that I worked as a consultant for a large IT company, and other than that I've worked retail, had a couple of paper routes, worked as a TA in at my old college. My first job was selling roses for a charitable organization when I was 14, loved that job - not only did it allow me to save up and eventually buy myself an N64 - but I was also really good at it :)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Currently working at Hollister co. in retail.

Worked in the past as a cleaning lady, lifeguard (at the beach), and janitor. :yes:

I started off working in a food court at a local auto museum. Then I got a job working as a substitute school nurse, a private duty nurse, private duty round two, and finally jailhouse nursing. So limited in my jobs lol.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Naruko, you forgot babysitter. That's a legit job, you know!

I've worked as a babysitter, a grocery store cashier, miscellaneous construction (I flipped houses with my dad), Game Advisor, Merchandising and Visuals, and now I'm a bank teller.

My first job was technically babysitting. I started babysitting my nieces at age 12, and continued doing so as more nieces and nephews were born. I eventually became a nanny as my babysitting responsibilities and duties increased in a variety of ways. I committed to this job off and on until two years ago.

I got my first "real" job as a cashier at Staples when I was seventeen years old. I was not looking forward to working there, especially because of social anxiety, but I was desperate and homeless at the time, so yeah. It didn't make too much of a big difference, though, considering my limited hours and wages. I worked there for six months.

I got my second job working at a GameStop when I was 20 years old. It wasn't too bad, save for all the social crap I had to deal with. Scratch that, it was a terrible experience. There were lousy hours, shady goings-on, and lots and lots of lies. My coworkers were lazy, and three of the four of them weren't even gamers. Didn't matter too much anyway, since we were trained to lie to customers about how great this and that game was, even if we were fully aware of how bad the game was. Needless to say, I didn't work there for long: ♪Dun dun dun, dun!♪ 6 months!

My third, most recent, and current 'real' job is working as a produce clerk at a supermarket. I worked as a bagger for ten months, up until I finally accepted a promotion that the higher-ups kept bugging me about since I started. I consider my 'promotion' to produce as more of a way of moving over rather than up. I could even say that it was a huge mistake. After two years, I'm still pretty much on the bottom of the totem pole; received a 50¢ raise upon starting, which brought me up to $8.00 an hour—currently at $9.50/hr. I have to close almost every night. As such, I get effed over by my superiors—who get off early—on a daily basis. The sheer amount of manual labor and grueling demands is astonishingly absurd. Every night I have to struggle to meet the aforesaid demands by 9:50 PM, just in time to catch the last bus of the night (arrives at 9:55 PM) or else I'm **** out of luck. Excluding babysitting/nanny(-ing?), this is the longest time that I've ever been employed at a single job. Sometimes I wonder why I still work at this job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom