• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Job Interview Experiences

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The details of this particular interview are too keese-scat insane to regale ya'll with here... suffice it to say I'm awfully certain the interviewer was high or either brainwashed or recovering from some manner of anesthetic procedure...

Not only did I not get the job (not that I would have accepted - I don't do full on crazy) but I had to get drunk afterwards just to cope with the sheer mind-boggling perplexity of what I had just witnessed... just kidding, me and some buddies were going for drinks anyway and we had a laugh about it.

The interview was one of these lovey-dovey touchy-feely type things that ask the potential candidate not of their ability to do the @#$%ing job for which they are applying but rather the questions consists more of an exploration of ones.... spiritual side... Questions like "How many genders do you recognize?" and "How does the color Purple smell?" "Tell me about your childhood friend" and... I @#$% you not "What is your spirit animal?"

Am I making this @#$% up? I wish I was...

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
One where two ladies were interviewing me and a man. The man, was my mentor, his wife and another lady were interviewing me. He sat behind the ladies. Needless to say he tried to make me laugh the entire interview... Got that job.

One interview was right when I moved from California to Texas and I got lost finding the place and was 30 minutes late. Got that job.
One before that interview ^ I showed up with Pink Eye in both eyes....my eyes were blood shot red but I needed a job. Did not get that job.

My last interview was easy too because I had family in the company so it was just a formality. But I got points for "Liking" the company of Facebook. So that is a note for all people going to an interview. Check out their FB first! Like stuff. It helps.

I have been working for almost 14 years now so I have a lot of interview experiences...but that's all for now.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
one ive had was where they gave us a list of kit we 'got' outta plane and we had to list them in order of usefulness, then discuss with the group, me I'm deaf so the discussion did not make allowances as they all talk at once and I was like 'what?!'

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Wait... do driver's exam's count? Because my first license exam with the DMV was a total farce. I wasn't laughing at the time and... well, I haven't laughed about it at all since then either because it's a textbook case of bureaucracy in action.

Long story short my examiner was being examined. That's right (despite the guidebook stating that by law only the driver and the instructor are to be in the car during the test) some anonymous bureaucrat from God knows where was sitting in the back during my exam critiquing the frantic and visibly disinterested maniac dropout in my passenger's seat who was - ostensibly - supposed to be my instructor.

There was no way I was leaving that test with a pass. This woman was a mess. At one point she started gesturing haphazardly and mumbling at me to "Get over" so I thought she meant "Pull over." Now this wasn't supposed to be happening at this part of the course but I figured 'okay I'll just do what she says' and slowly started pulling over to the side of the road.

Suddenly she starts flipping out yelling "STOP STOP STOP!!" After coming to a complete stop, she struggles to compose herself and says "You almost took out that mailbox."

Now I literally jumped out of my seat to double take over both shoulders looking for this alleged mailbox. After concluding that said mailbox only existed in her delusional mindscape, we proceeded.

Stupid really screwed me over that day.

The next day I got a not crazy person as an instructor, drove the course, wham-bam passed simple. Never had a single violation on my record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom