• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jared Leto as Joker

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

So, that's Leto as the new Joker! The image was released yesterday I think and is the first look at him, and we'll be seeing him in the Suicide Squad movie.

Thoughts?

He looks like something out of a nightmare, pretty deranged and scary. Can't wait to see him in action but, on pure aesthetic alone... eh. I dunno. It's going to be hard not to just compare it to Heath Ledger's Joker, and I'm not feeling it as much as that.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
A lot of people don't like it, but I think Jared Leto can pull it off (I hope). He's a great actor.

People always say that, I've never actually seen him in anything. So I hope everyone's right about his acting skill, makes me a little less nervous considering I'm not too sold on his design.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Jared Leto is a wonderful actor and he can probably pull the character off really well in a new and exciting way. All I can say about the look is that it is...interesting and I'm intrigued.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It constantly amazes me how such a simple villain with no super powers can keep coming back with a fresh appearance, albeit mind-boggling. The Joker's character has evolved so much over the course of my lifetime, from the original Batman cartoon to the Nolan Trilogy to the more recent The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 animated film, that his portrayals are endlessly satisfying.

As an aside, the same can be said for Batman himself, who despite being an ordinary man in a cape and cowl is shown as cunning and resourceful to all ends.

Even so, while this new Joker certainly possesses some fascinating quirks, I am reserved until I'm able to see him act out his role on the big screen. In my mind, approaching an already well-established character in such an unnatural manner will either make or break the interest of the viewership. Although admittedly, this could be held to my discredit of never seeing much of Jared Leto, so in addition I'm undecided on his proficiency as an actor.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Watch Requiem for a Dream RIGHT NOW!!!!
THIS^^^! This Movie was probably Jared Letos best movie, and probably most leading role. Also probably the best thing Jared has done artistically outside of his first 30 Seconds to Mars album.

The Joker he plays (I forget the names of the different story arcs) He looks like the Joker that Kevin Smith used in hit batman mini series... that was pulled from an actual canon batman comic. This joker was more sadistic evil, instead of the playfully evil villain who just wants too see the world burn (anarchy). I dont know, I will wait too see it before judging, but I know that Jared Leto can play a pretty crazy character (See Lord of War).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom