• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jacket potatoes and...

So, I'm about to eat jacket potatoes, i love them, theyre one of my favourite foods. I like how they can go with pretty much anything.

Thus the question is; what do you like to have with your jacket potatoes?

Do you like a bit of cheese savoury or perhaps tuna? Good ol' beans or something a little more adventurous such as french salad?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Jackets aren't my favourites and I don't have them often at all. If i do then I just tend to have them on their own or with a bit of buttah.

It's been ages since I've had a jacket spud, but I like just butter and cheese on mine.

Aku

Sour cream and chopped scallions, with cheese and butter and salt. But I don't have them very often, unless they are the new potatoes that are baked in a pan.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Lemon + pepper and herbs. Yum.

Not exactly. It's a baked potato with the skin still on. The skin is the jacket. Obviously not every species of potato have edible skin but some do and they do a great jacketed potato.

There is no reason to assume the skin has been removed unless stated otherwise so I find a baked potato is a perfectly adequate descriptor.

There is no reason to assume the skin has been removed unless stated otherwise so I find a baked potato is a perfectly adequate descriptor.
Here in Aus we often bake potatoes without the skin on also. That's something totally different and not a jacket porato.
Also you can do a jacketed potato in the microwave as well.

Just so you know where I am coming from. "baked" here is not enough of a descriptor. Maybe it is for you over there, I don't know.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Here in Aus we often bake potatoes without the skin on also. That's something totally different and not a jacket porato.
Also you can do a jacketed potato in the microwave as well.

Just so you know where I am coming from. "baked" here is not enough of a descriptor. Maybe it is for you over there, I don't know.

Over here if you say baked potato that means a jacket potato. I have actually never known a potato baked without a skin. What do you call that over there?

Over here if you say baked potato that means a jacket potato. I have actually never known a potato baked without a skin. What do you call that over there?
Roast potato. Peeled, often cut in half and often cooked in the oven to have with your roast meat often cooked in the oven.
Baked potato is closer to roast potato but we don't really call it baked potato here honestly.

Jacketed for us is just washed, not peeled and cooked in the microwave or in the oven wrapped individually in foil.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Roast potato. Peeled, often cut in half and often cooked in the oven to have with your roast meat often cooked in the oven.
Baked potato is closer to roast potato but we don't really call it baked potato here honestly.

Jacketed for us is just washed, not peeled and cooked in the microwave or in the oven wrapped individually in foil.

Roast potato here is cooked in oil to give a crispy outside. It is different from baking because it is in oil and is a fast cook rather than slow cook. It's not something that would be done to a whole potato but to a potato cut into chunks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom