• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jabu Jabu

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
another pointless thread.

its pretty simple. the Deku Tree had a bunch of stuff going on inside of him and he even said it was because of Ganondorf. im pretty sure its safe to assume the same thing happened with Jabu Jabu.

also, this is one of those things where it can be answered by the fact that its a videogame. this is about as pointless as the like like and redead threads.

Claire

The Geekette
You kind of cannot expect a superb theory from this sort of topic. Why did they place a chest in that spot, why did they make the hookshot look so large, why did they do anything that they did? I do not think there is a magical reasoning behind this, it was simply how the game was designed. Maybe in the Legend of Zelda series, everyone has switches inside of them, maybe the Minish control their bodily functions.

Who knows, you can speculate all you want, but this sort of topic is leaning more towards creative thinking than actually providing a logical answer to the question, since it is all because it is simply a game.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
In Master Quest there are cows sticking out of the inside of his mouth. But wait, where did jabu find cows to eat?

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
In Master Quest there are cows sticking out of the inside of his mouth. But wait, where did jabu find cows to eat?

He can leave Zora's Domain you know. He probably went somewhere, found some cows, and was like "Oooo what's that? I think I'll eat it."

bellum

Gamer since age 2
wait he can leave zora's domain,to where to a name of a place that doesn't start with the word zora .Also since I own know MasterQuest version of OoT I will not talk about OoT masterquest.well the only thing I'm gonna point out that he was cursed by Ganondorf, for his greed of the spiritural stone, Zora's Sapphire.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well here is one of the times that I get to say the famous line! It is a video game and that is that! Almost nothing in the Zelda series makes sense, from Somehow filling arrows with Light, all the way to the mysterious Jabu-Jabu. I hate seeing threads that oly really have this answer. But I guess it is a kinda good observation. I have seen and thought this mant times before wondering how the hell those crates and the cow got in him...

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
I tend to ignore things like that because it's just a game and games are good to escape reality so I don't expect them to make much sense. As long as the game is good, it could be as illogical as it wants to be.

And how come Jabu Jabu is bigger in the inside than the outside?
I can swim under Jabu Jabu in 10 seconds, but inside, he's obviously bigger.

Seriously this is a video game and you're wondering why a dungeon is smaller outside and larger inside.

its standard in most games that if you enter a building it will become larger once in side.

If you are going to ask this question you may as well ask Where in the hell link keeps all his stuff.

for the last time Jabu Jabu was cursed by Ganondorf and then he filed with dorrs and such

LOL

Lord Jabu Jabu: You're a ninny poo Ganondorf!

Ganondorf: Such disrespect?! I, the great and powerful Ganondorf curse thee! Doors, treasures, a map and a compass, switches, a boomerang and a cow will appear inside your belly! There is nothing you can do to stop this. Mwahahahahahahahahaha...haaa!

I think it's just a game. The creators decided to get creative.

Last edited:
Lord Jabu Jabu: You're a ninny poo Ganondorf!

Ganondorf: Such disrespect?! I, the great amd powerful Ganondorf curse thee! Doors, treasures, a map and a compass, switches, a boomerang and a cow will appear inside your belly! There is nothing you can do to stop this. Mwahahahahahahahahaha...haaa!

You know he would have done it! You don't fuss around with Ganondorf!

REP+

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Has anyone ever wondered what was wrong with Jabu Jabu in Oot?
Why does it have doors, switches, floating platforms, deku salesmen, crates, treasure chests,... need I say more?
And how come Jabu Jabu is bigger in the inside than the outside?
I can swim under Jabu Jabu in 10 seconds, but inside, he's obviously bigger.

It's a digestive tract in which the whole bigger on the inside than on the outside is standard issue. infact this may shock, surprise, disturb, and gross you out but the average human digestive tract is so tightly coiled that if you laid it out flat on the ground it would circle the planet a couple times. Yeah thats right. It's the power of biology. Anywho about the whole doors switches and floating platforms thing maybe there is a transperent fluid which can be breathed in inside jabu jabu's digestive tract for the floating platforms? Ah the mysteries of biology... anyways it is unlikely that we'll ever get the answer to that. about the doors i believe that it is standard issue in a digestive tract but correct me if im wrong about that. and about the switches i think they might have been formed by parasites inside him or maybe they serve to make sure digestive juices don't get where they don't belong and this fail-safe system can be overidden by hitting it. And about the critters and the treasure maybe he just likes making living things digest in his belly... sick isn't it? And maybe he thought 'oh this stuff is important to me so ill put it where no one will get it. My belly! And even if it is attained the creature that dares to steal my treasure will be digested and turned into my energy! ... Ultra sick isn't it?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Zarom

The King
The REAL answer: It's just a game, you know.

There are many places that are bigger inside than outside. Like the houses of the kokiris (OOT), the huts on the beach (MM) and many others. :P

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
It might be just a game, but why not theorize? Perhaps Jabu-Jabu, as the patron "god" of the Zoras, has the ability to shape his insides in order to accommodate the Zora doing whatever weird rituals they have. He's been the patron of the Zora for a while, so it's likely that they left a bunch of junk in there for later use. They may have even deliberately built the floating platforms inside as a way to navigate, but Barinade wrought destruction on the place, making it difficult to use the normal facilities. The Zora and Jabu Jabu likely worked together to shape his insides for Zora ritual or Jabu-Jabu's health.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
About the cows in mq jabu jabu probably was fed cows by ruto. And they were embedded into his tissue in his digestive tract cuz maybe he doesn't need to digest very much of what he eats. He just absorbs the entire thing and the nutrients go to the blood stream and the stuff he didn't need was pooed out.

take this, the zoras arent very bright, i mean, they all got frozen, so maybe there was a temple, and jabu jabu ate it? Since the zoras arent very bright, they thought he was someone from the gods, and then they worshiped him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom