• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jabu Jabu

Has anyone ever wondered what was wrong with Jabu Jabu in Oot?
Why does it have doors, switches, floating platforms, deku salesmen, crates, treasure chests,... need I say more?
And how come Jabu Jabu is bigger in the inside than the outside?
I can swim under Jabu Jabu in 10 seconds, but inside, he's obviously bigger.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
He's obviously swallowed lots of things. A few of those things being creatures. Also, to be literal, it's a dungeon, so it needs to have those things in it. As for the size issue... It's Nintendo 64, what more can you expect?

It's called the digestive tract. It's standard issue.

But seriously, no one knows. This crap happens all the time in video games. Don't ask questions; the answers are disturbing.

I like to think it leads into a portal to some different realm, or maybe we all just get microscopic like in minish cap. Who the hell knows.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Well I think the switches and things were because it was a dungeon so it had to had them. And the reason for him being bigger inside.. well.. again.. its a game. I dont think the N64 could handle a big big Jabu Jabu very well.

K

Karashimu

King Zora says that ever since Ganondorf went to Zora's Domain for the Spiritual Stone Jabu Jabu has been "green around the gills" so I always assumed that Ganondorf made him sick because they wouldn't hand over the stone. So, part of the virus was obviously the enemies; Barinade being the main source of said virus, per say, giving birth to all the creatures and enemies. Also, if you look around in the Jabu Jabu's mouth, you'll see a cow, proving it could possibly have been something he swallowed.

As for the size of his inside and the switches, Ver-go-a-go-go said it best: it's a game.

Why does it have doors, switches, floating platforms, deku salesmen, crates, treasure chests,... need I say more?

Jabu Jabu. Bigger on the inside. What do you expect? ITS A ZELDA GAME.
And as ofr where he went....that, I think, is the real mystery.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
I like to think it leads into a portal to some different realm, or maybe we all just get microscopic like in minish cap. Who the hell knows.
uhh link got smaller
He's obviously swallowed lots of things. A few of those things being creatures. Also, to be literal, it's a dungeon, so it needs to have those things in it. As for the size issue... It's Nintendo 64, what more can you expect?
yes that is true
how true is that i tell ya obisouly after gannon came he gave the virus to lord jabu and therefore as link was swallowed he got a little smaller and jabu got bigger

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
uhh link got smaller

yes that is true

how true is that i tell ya obisouly after gannon came he gave the virus to lord jabu and therefore as link was swallowed he got a little smaller and jabu got bigger

...and dungeoner lol...that's some nasty insides right there

bellum

Gamer since age 2
jabu jabu was cursed by Ganondorf making him all angry and wierd on the inside but then you save him which I wish we could reenter the belly then I'd see if everything is gone

B

blackmoon

1) It's a Zelda game, everything is not scaled. I think Jabu-Jabu was supposed to be bigger in the game, but if it was, then Zora's Domain would have to be huge!

And you can reenter Jabu-Jabu's belly and the monsters are still there. However, I think it's more canonical to say that they were the spawn of Barinade - and there's just a few left over once you kill Barinade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom