• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Jabu-Jabu Theory and Ocena King Theory

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
Hasn't anyone noticed how in oot when you're an adult you can't find Jabu-Jabu anywhere?
I believe that Jabu-Jabu left Hyrule b/c of gannondorf, and created the land we see in PH. He then took the form of Oshus and became the Ocean King. Meanwhile, Jabun and the Windfish are either his desendents, or they're his brothers.

jack546

The chosen one
i think jabun is jabu jabu but the wind fish was only a dream he couldnt be a decendant or brother of jabu jabu

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
The Wind Fish wasn't a dream. His dream was an entire world. At the end of Link's Awakening, he is clearly seen flying around.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Yeah, Jabu-Jabu supposedly changed his name to Jabun and fled to Greatfish Isle to hide from Ganondorf.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The theory I had come up with a while ago was that he fled downstream to Lake Hylia (the river must have been larger than depicted in-game). Then when the land was flooded and new mountains/islands were created, Greatfish Isle was created for Jabu-Jabu/Jabun directly over or slightly north of the lake, where we find him in WW, and the few Zora that followed him (the rest climbed Death Mountain and became human during the flood, found/received Valoo, etc).
I know that Oshus isn't Jabun, and since I believe that Jabun is Jabu-Jabu, I don't think Oshus is Jabu-Jabu. I also don't think they're related (certainly not separate generations), but they could be the same type of creature. Same goes for the Wind Fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom