• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Iwata's Apology

I agree. He didn't need to apologize. But, I think Sony cares about its customers just as much as Nintendo does. Like Vanitas mentioned, when the PSN was restored; they offered 3 free titles, help on preventing identity theft, and gave out a free 30 day subscription for the Playstation Plus to all of its members. I don't know about Microsoft since I prefer my PS3 over the xbox, but I'm pretty sure they take care of their people too. Anywho, I seriously think Iwata should run for president:rolleyes:. He was able to cut his salary in half to cover the loss of sales for the 3DS while our government can't make a decision when it comes to the economy. Somethings wrong with this picture.:dry:

Yeah, Its more like Nintendo/Sony>Microsoft

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well I don't think anyone that bought the 3DS was completely blind to the fact that it'd very likely drop in price rather quickly. The price was unrealistically high for a handheld to begin with. It was going to happen. You can't compete in this market if you overcharge people for your product. I bought mine knowing full well it was going to have a sharp price drop before too long. I know there was no way to know they would give anything to those that got it early, but I was hoping they would. And they did. Either way I was very happy with the purchase long before they announced Ambassador. I don't personally feel like the apology was necessary. Others that didn't think the price was going to drop soon might appreciate it more. I didn't need it. But it didn't hurt. The thought in it was good. For me the Ambassador program is a good apology. The value of the games it offers more than covers the difference in cost.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I couldn't afford a 3DS when they were more expensive.
I can't afford one after the price drop.

If I could afford one, this "ambassador program" would completely appease me, and I would completely accept it with or without an apology. Nintendo has shown a history of caring for their customers (I remember, back in like 1998, we bought a DKC2 and it wasn't an official cartridge, and ruined our SNES. Called Nintendo, and BAM! They shipped us a brand new system completely free! Absolutely not their fault, and they made us happier than anyone could ever expect anyone to do. And my story is just one of hundreds, if not thousands or more. Name any time any other company has taken this much effort to satisfy it's customers the way Nintendo does.)
Side note- Sony cares (After PSN went down for like a month, we got a free subscription to PSN Plus and a couple of free downloadable PSN titles!), Microsoft doesn't (do I need to bring up the paying for Xbox Live?).
But, I think Sony cares about its customers just as much as Nintendo does. Like Vanitas mentioned, when the PSN was restored; they offered 3 free titles, help on preventing identity theft, and gave out a free 30 day subscription for the Playstation Plus to all of its members.
Actually, that "free incentives" was not so much of an apology as a preemptive settlement, the way it was explained to me.
If you accepted the "free gifts" they gave you to apologize, then you are legally accepting that as terms, and if you later find out anyone uses your credit information and that they stole it from Sony, you are not allowed to sue Sony because you accepted it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To be honest, I don't think the formal, public apology was necessary. The price cut and Ambassador Program were enough to say sorry to begin with.

However, having the head of the entire company just come out and say that they're sorry for how things went down, well, that was very very professional of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom