• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Iwata Asks 2: Giant Foes and Silent Lurkers

Vibed

must read before he posts
A link to Zelda Informer's article: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/1...s-and-3-minutes-of-skyward-sword-footage.html

And a Youtube mirror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurOD1YChC8

Some tidbits I got from the Iwata Asks itself:

-Rather than making areas vast, they focused on condensing them into compact blasts of fun.
-They wanted the forest to feel bright and friendly.
-It's definitely going to matter how you swing your bug net when catching bugs.
-Bugs are more realistic, as opposed to TP's odd golden bugs.
-Catching bugs should have some "tension."
-There's many different insects and birds, even a rare blue bird.
-Navigating 3D terrain can be complex, so they implemented dowsing. It is part of a "search and discover" theme.
-The blue beacons you can place down on land were inspired by smoke signals, or at least very much like them.
- The watercolor art-style is meant to be striking, much like Wind Waker.
-They took care not to make it too realistic and blend things together well.
-After E3 2010, NOA said the watercolor effect was, "Unsatisfactory, not noticeable enough."
-With this watercolor style, sword fighting becomes a whole lot more powerful in tone.
-There was problems with fighting the huge bosses, so they came up with the spiral that is the Sealed Grounds, instead of the huge plains that they originally thought of.
-Fighting huge monsters brings up the camera issue, which they solved through trial and error.
-The Imprisoned, the boss mentioned here, is fought several times throughout the game and the fights change as the story plays out.
-He may not have been fully sealed.
-Dungeons were always a one time affair, with this game you'll return with bigger baddies awaiting you instead.
-The Silent Realm is sorta like tag, in that Link has nothing to defend himself with.
-It's good to know the terrain for this.
-Meant to be intense.
-Dungeons and field dissolve into each other, as does their application of the items.
-They compare the game to Pikmin and it's 30 day structure, saying that areas (notably the forest) might change over the course of the game.

Note I don't speak fluent Japanese, a translator was used a lot for guidance.

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Oh god, come on Nintendo, let the game release already. More spoilers?! :P

I really didn't want to, but of course I watched it, It's freaking Zelda!

vcdomith

Mad Artist
-Dungeons were always a one time affair, with this game you'll return with bigger baddies awaiting you instead.
WOW!! Very interesting, I hoping that we're going to see Volvagia XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom