• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's Official, I Suck at Zelda Games So Far.

B

bluestormz

As a Zelda newbie, I've been left looking at the walkthrough a lot. I will admit that taking an anti-depressant for 10 years, that it may have made me less able to think the way I would need to. I'm missing the "obvious" things at times. It's just annoyed me that I suck...I want to beat one Zelda game in my lifetime.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh, that's easy. Just play Ocarina of Time, and play through the main quest only (ignore the sidequests). You'll get through just fine, you'll see! :yes:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My own remedy is simple: play Twilight Princess. According to the majority of the Zelda fanbase it's the easiest game of the series thus far and carries itself very well for a beginner's game (I mean no offense by that either).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Or you could do what Thareous said to do. I personally think Twilight Princess is the easiest Zelda game, but I cannot speak for everyone so I recommended OoT instead; OoT is of medium to slightly easy difficulty to me. Anyway, just listen to Thareous :yes:

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
Try a ds game! They are in my opinion very easy and all about fun gameplay. Of course I've found that they aren't for everyone but just know that they aren't too tough.

Keep perservering! don't worry if you need to use a walkthrough, just make sure you're at least spending some time on each puzzle.

zellinkda

one of many
I understand your frustrations, but zelda takes time. I watched my bro play zelda since i was 3, and never started a game by myself until i was eight. (even though i told my bro how to go through the rooms)I would say any game works for what you like.
The legend of zelda:cold hard original stuff. not a great beginning choice
Adventure of link:This is awesome, yet hard. really good game if you have the patience for difficulty.
a link to the past: honestly, not my favorite. pretty basic and not too hard.
link's awakening: not too hard. fun game overall with super fun sidequests.
ocarina of time: everyone recommends this because they like it. it would work for you, but i would reccomend it for your second game since you have some frustrations.
Majora's mask: I <3 this one. get ready for shrieks and screams.this is the sequel to Oot.
Oracle games: i can't vouch for these since ive never played them.
the wind waker:great starter game, with awesome storyline. sailing is long but it is still awesome.
four swords/adventures: both good games.. get friends for multiplayer.
the minish cap: fun and whimsical. Try it!
twilight princess: great game!
phantom hourglass: good starter game along with spirit tracks
SS: never played it. sorry.

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I really like the title of this thread, but I'm sure it's not true. Zelda has a pretty steep learning curve, and it takes time to get used to the way the games work; but after a while you'll get better. It's actually a pretty common newbie mistake to overlook the obvious things at times; heck, even I do it here and there. Zelda's a unique game series, and takes some time to get used to, but after a while you'll do a lot better, don't worry. :)

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, like everyone said, you should try Twilight Princess. But, I highly recommend Spirit Tracks more. It has only four dungeons, and it's not that hard. The story is linear, so it's not confusing, like the first Zelda. Plus, the gameplay is still true to the series. It's still as fun and as inventive as ever.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I still haven't beat an entire game without looking at the walkthrough once. In fact, I already gave up in SS because I couldn't figure out how to pull a lever. :( but it's not really that big of a deal. There's a sense of accomplishment in just beating a game, so don't worry too much about whether you have to use a walkthrough or not.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I personally don't like the DS games, because they were just terribly easy. I played Phantom Hourglass, beat it, okay game. Got Spirit Tracks, beat it, thought it was the worse Zelda, I'm sorry for people who think otherwise, but I didn't even enjoy playing it and the story was really.... really bad. Just more of the same thing only crappy. You should be able to beat them, because they're wicked easy. Twilight Princess was better then any of the DS titles (even OoT 3D, all it was was a remake and nothing new other than re-fighting bosses and 3D, I like the original more because it's a classic, and 3D didn't enhance the experience as much as I thought it would've. I'm not saying TP is better than OoT, just better than the 3DS remake) because it was a lot longer, and I thought it was slightly harder than PH and ST. Either way, these three titles (ST, PH, TP) should be pretty easy for you.

As a longtime Zelda vet, everyone is right. I still get stuck in Zelda games, at least once or twice a play session. These games have a formula. But I feel if you want to beat a Zelda title, try OoT. I am still playing TP, and SS switching off. I find OoT to be easy. save the water temple. it's ok to walkthru the whole place. :)

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
It's ok. Like everybody is saying, you'll get better at Zelda games over time- I have, though I'm still not that great and I need to use the walkthroughs here and there.
Anyway, yeah, TP is probably the best game for you to play through at this point. You could also do The Minish Cap, that game was realitively easy and was a good game.

B

bluestormz

thanks everyone, I'm going to finish out SS with the help and then buy the ds titles. I have OOT 3DS now

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Just play Twilight Princess. It's and easy game and introduces you to Zelda puzzles making the other games easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom