• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's not really Ganondorf

Because in the case of BotW/BotW 2 Ganon, it's confirmed that he's the same person as OoT Ganon in CaC, and OoT Ganon has never been portrayed as a good person; even back in OoT, he poisons the Deku Tree and tries to starve the Gorons, and once he got the ToP he turned Hyrule into a literal hellscape for the next seven years. There's nothing good about him. Considering the fact that he's not even fully sane in the DT anymore and hasn't been for a long time, Ganondorf may not even regain his sanity in BotW2.

I could maybe understand a Gerudo King named Ganondorf in like a pre-OoT or post-ST setting being a good guy(that would be a cool twist), but not OoT Ganon or FSA Ganon.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Because in the case of BotW/BotW 2 Ganon, it's confirmed that he's the same person as OoT Ganon in CaC, and OoT Ganon has never been portrayed as a good person; even back in OoT, he poisons the Deku Tree and tries to starve the Gorons, and once he got the ToP he turned Hyrule into a literal hellscape for the next seven years. There's nothing good about him. Considering the fact that he's not even fully sane in the DT anymore and hasn't been for a long time, Ganondorf may not even regain his sanity in BotW2.

I could maybe understand a Gerudo King named Ganondorf in like a pre-OoT or post-ST setting being a good guy(that would be a cool twist), but not OoT Ganon or FSA Ganon.
I thought he meant ganon as whole/if there another reincarnation of him, in which case I'm surprised the demise's hate incarnation thing wasn't brought up

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I agree with the original post SORT OF. I thought about the heart draining before HAND. However, I think we can do more convoluted. Here me out:

We pull a Skyward Sword, with a twist. We play as two Links, one from the presen, one from the past. At least, that is what Nintendo wants you to think. Instead, they are the same Link, with different skills. One Link, the one currently in the past, has the arm abilities, while the present Link has the Champion’s abilities. That gives us two worlds to explore. The past Link leaves Bad Wolf everywhere to lead present Link. Past Link’s corruption kills him, and Link and Zelda find the corpse, deciding that the only one who can stop the spreading Malice, send Link into the past to find Link. But he can’t. And he eventually realizes that HE is the corpse. He finds himself and realizes that the Malice will pour out of his body unless he blocks the Malicest spot. He uses his hand. But his body absorbs the Malice, CREATING CALAMITY GANON!

I don’t want to spoil the ending. So I’ll stop there.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hell no, this one is actually blasphemous af. I'd rather see the Link 10000 years ago being corrupted in which he became Ganondorf instead of this one.
I'd rather that literally anything interesting be done with Ganon. He had two lines of ambiguous in WW and writers seem to have taken that as an excuse you never try.

Last edited:

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Hell no, this one is actually blasphemous af. I'd rather see the Link 10000 years ago being corrupted in which he became Ganondorf instead of this one.
Dude, please calm down. It is just a game. Blasphemy is not an issue for video games. As a Christian, I understand wha’s blasphemy, and what’s going to make people mad for some silly reason.

EDIT: I apologize if that was too harsh.

Last edited:
Dude, please calm down. It is just a game. Blasphemy is not an issue for video games. As a Christian, I understand wha’s blasphemy, and what’s going to make people mad for some silly reason.

I'm sorry if you got the impression of me disrespecting your religion but this was not my intention at all. This phrase was merely meant to describe how (negatively) unthinkable the thought of a good Ganon/Ganondorf is.

I'd rather that literally anything interesting be done with Ganon.

That's not interesting, that's a pure destruction of his entire character. The devs could as well erase his existence from the future games if they choose this direction with Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I'm sorry if you got the impression of me disrespecting your religion but this was not my intention at all. This phrase was merely meant to describe how (negatively) unthinkable the thought of a good Ganon/Ganondorf is.

That's not interesting, that's a pure destruction of his entire character. The devs could as well erase his existence from the future games if they choose this direction with Ganondorf.
I figured you weren’t. I apologize. I am just thinking about how different people see things differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom