• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's called 'The Legend' for a reason.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I agree with this to an extent. Personally I don't think the Official Timeline is as bad as people make it out to be. For the longest time people have been upset over the Downfall timeline, but it isn't that bad. Also, it doesn't even classify as a what if timeline like people call it. My interpretation is that it is spawned simply by the theory of Multiple Histories. Every event has various outcomes, and those outcomes do happen in other timelines, and they are not alternatives, or what ifs. At some point I want to sit down and write a full article on this topic.

Anyway, most if the games were created as sequels or prequels to each other anyway, so the idea that they completely winged the timeline is, frankly, nonsense. The only games that don't fit were later installments like Fours Swords, Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures - this is because their lore is self contained and adds little or nothing to the lore all the other games established.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
The Legend of Zelda was originally just a subtitle for The Hyrule Fantasy. When the game was imported, The Hyrule Fantasy was removed from the title. Sequels and rereleases refer to the series by its western name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom