• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

After seeing a recent blog, it came to my attention that there are other It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia fans here, so I figured I'd make a thread about it.

I personally love the show. It's my favorite sit-com, and I find it hilarious. It's a very funny show, and I always get excited when it's on. Almost every episode is great.

What are your opinions on the show?

I'm a huge fan of the show, but such was not always the case. At first, I'd always pass it up while scrolling the on-screen cable guide. The few times I did stop to look at it, I thought it looked a bit "low budget", as if it were made by indie artists in a basement somewhere. Anyway, this sentiment soon changed when I lost my cable privileges. Having very few choices in shows on broadcast TV to watch, I came across It's Always Sunny again. At this point, I thought "Well, there's nothing else on...whatever..." After giving it the time of day, it actually turned out to be a great show, and it's absolutely hilarious - a godsend among the other shows that broadcast TV provided. Now, I tune into it every night, and now that I have cable again, I watch new episodes when they're available on FX.

My favorite thing about the show is its crude humor. Every episode involves the gang's misadventures, and how insane simple things, like running an errand, can get. There's also a plethora of comedic elements tied into what most would consider "mature themes" by default, such as heroin addiction, abortion, death, and other such topics. Adding such elements to those themes is not easy to pull off, but It's Always Sunny manages to do it just right without being too excessive. There are times when it seems like the show is "trying to hard to be funny," such as Mac's apparent weight gain in season 5? - under the popular assumption that "chubby = funny" a la Zach Galifianakis. I've pardoned this, however, as it is but a small nitpick, and the show more than makes up for in other ways. By far, Charlie's my favorite character.

Yay, my blog achieved something.
I love essentially every aspect of the show, but I especially like that it never gets bogged down by anything serious or heart-felt, it's just never ending humor. I also really like how none of the characters ever do anything to redeem themselves, they're just horrible people through and through, which makes virtually any situation they encounter hilarious. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is my favorite show currently on television, and my second favorite ever. I hope the new season is every bit as depraved and entertaining as those that preceded it.

By far, Charlie's my favorite character.

Could not agree more.

Last edited:

MW7

It's such a great show. Charlie is by far my favorite character as well. My favorite episodes are Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare and The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis. The latter is the one in which Charlie is the "wild card" which is pretty much the funniest performance I've ever witnessed in anything ever.

It's such a great show. Charlie is by far my favorite character as well. My favorite episodes are Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare and The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis. The latter is the one in which Charlie is the "wild card" which is pretty much the funniest performance I've ever witnessed in anything ever.

I really liked the gas crisis one as well. I especially loved Charlie's "oil men" routine when they got to the first house. That was just hilarious. I also really liked Charlie's performance in Sweet Dee's Dating a ******** Person. Any time the show plays on Charile's illiteracy hilarity is bound to ensue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom