• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Items You Would Have Liked to See Have More Potential

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
This happened in TP a lot especially, but I always found it frustrating when you would receive what appeared to be a very cool item, and then find no real use for it outside of the area you obtained it from.

So my question to you is, what item from any of the Zelda titles would you have liked to make more practical in use? How would you have liked it to be used?

I think if the Spinner (er the top from TP) had more speed on normal surfaces, or maybe some sort of use in the snow and sand; then I would have loved it. When I first got it I had thought that it would have those kinds of uses, but it let me down quite a bit. Guess you could argue that it kept you from sinking in sand in Arbitar's Grounds, but still. Just wanted more from it.

Djinn

and Tonic
The Dominion Rod from TP had an incredibly interesting ability but virtually no use whatsoever outside of the dungeon and a spot where you grab a heart piece. That's it. And we are talking about a staff that gives you the power to move and command large stones and statues to move wherever you want. I would have preferred ALTTP levels of redundancy in having so many stones all over the map to use it on even if there was not a general purpose in that area like a heart piece or treasure. Sometimes it is just fun to play with the background parts and use it to go explore an area. Or even used to go fight the local enemies, get up hills, apast chasms etc.

TP was pretty awful for giving you these items that had just no function because no one took any time out to add in more uses out in the field. Hyrule field is supposed to be filled with random things for all of these items.

Salem

SICK
Probably the fire and ice arrows, doesn't matter if they're arrows or simply magic rod(s) like in alttp.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The Dominion Rod from TP had an incredibly interesting ability but virtually no use whatsoever outside of the dungeon and a spot where you grab a heart piece.

Don't forget the quest to the sky ;)

For me, probably the spinner. One of the coolest items in the series, but it wasn't used very much at all.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
TP, for me, really suffered from the fact that most items I didn't think had a combat use outside of a rare few, and most the time I'd either handle situations with the sword or the more convenient bomb arrows. Bomb arrow everything.

I do think I have to give ALBW some praise though. Every single items had other uses, and upgrades made for some really interesting options. It was really refreshing to take something even like the Sand Rod, which just sounds like it'd be totally useless outside of one area, and at least give it a stun effect after upgrade. You can use most any of those items in a variety of situations and that is awesome.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
The whip from Skyward Sword was a let down. Outside The Ancient Cistern there were very few opportunities to use it other than a few places in the over world and The Sand Ship. You could steal ornamental skulls from Bokoblins but that was the only thing you could steal from enemies. I's a shame there could have been many cool things you could do with a whip in a 3D game with advance motion controls, but there were not.

The Dominion Rod from TP had an incredibly interesting ability but virtually no use whatsoever outside of the dungeon and a spot where you grab a heart piece. That's it. And we are talking about a staff that gives you the power to move and command large stones and statues to move wherever you want. I would have preferred ALTTP levels of redundancy in having so many stones all over the map to use it on even if there was not a general purpose in that area like a heart piece or treasure. Sometimes it is just fun to play with the background parts and use it to go explore an area. Or even used to go fight the local enemies, get up hills, apast chasms etc.

TP was pretty awful for giving you these items that had just no function because no one took any time out to add in more uses out in the field. Hyrule field is supposed to be filled with random things for all of these items.

The best way to reuse it would have been to put it in places that don't matter how overpowered you are. Remember that big section of Hyrule Field in the Eldin Province, where you can fight bokoblins on Boarback? I can just imagine stowing an enormous Goliath statue in some of those crumbled ruins. Then you could rampage around with endlessly spawning monsters and it wouldn't matter how many you killed because there's no real reward for doing so outside of being a BAMF. You can punt enemies into Kakariko Gorge until the goats come home. (Incidentally, I can now see Dominion Rod being an awesome Hyrule Warriors weapon like the Great Fairy.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom