• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Items That Should Return

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
An item I've always thought had a cool concept was the Dominion Rod. Granted, in its first and only appearance, it became useless after clearing the dungeon you found it in, but it was still a cool concept. I'd like to see a redone version of it. Maybe add a mechanic to take control of enemies for a short time. And if not, there should be WAY more statues.

pk, if they were to do this, i would be good with the dominion rod coming back, but as it was in TP, it was worthless, and borderline stupid, if using it didnt look so cool!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
You know what totally should return but never will? The Magnetic Gloves. They're from Oracle of Seasons (and maybe Ages too, for all I know) and I just think they're the coolest item ever. I don't know what it is about them, but I find them extremely fun to play with. I'm not done with OoS yet, but there have already been some really cool puzzles with it. Can you imagine using something like that in a 3D setting? I would love to see it on a home console title!

Unfortunately, though, they're honestly really similar to a Hookshot, aside from the fact that thet can push you AWAY from things, too, and attract some magnetic items. I'm sure developers would rather use a tried-and-true item rather than my favorite little one-time-appearance one... :(

And rereading this thread made me think of so many other cool items that I'd love to see again. The Dominion Rod would be cool, too, and Roc's Cape would be awesome. But Pancake reminded me of the Lens of Truth, which is another one of my favorite Zelda items. I really, really would love to see that again (and I don't know why I didn't immediately think of it myself XD). I agree with Jade Fist that there are so many opportunities for hidden secrets and stuff with it. I feel like there's maybe a slightly chance THAT could come back, since it was in two games, one being the most famous of the series. Or at least something similar...

JoeDeLait

Zig Zag Wanderer
Definitely the Roc's Cape. Also some new cane/rod thingi that uses magic and actually has a really good use, the Fire/Ice rods, Rod of Seasons and Sand Wand were brilliant, but then there was also the Dominion rod and Cane of Pacci which was useful if not a bit odd. 'Yay! Magic Cane that lets me flip over a pot :D'.

Every game, apart from its titular item (Rod of Seasons, Harp of Ages etc.), should have a cool unique item but also keep to tradition with some form of Boomerang, Bow, Bombs, Shield and maybe a Lantern/Candle which we haven't seen since TP.

I definitely would want to see the Pegasus boots again, it would make traveling a lot easier and could add some cool puzzles.

The whip would also be cool to keep in the series. I see a lot of potentially cool and strategic ways to kill enemies with it, and to solve puzzles.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'd like to see the lens of truth back too, for the whole added element reasons. I would also like the Beetle back, and the clawshots (superior to the hookshot or longshot, as you can hold on with one hand and use the other). I think light arrows should come back due to tradition.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
You know what totally should return but never will? The Magnetic Gloves. They're from Oracle of Seasons (and maybe Ages too, for all I know) and I just think they're the coolest item ever. I don't know what it is about them, but I find them extremely fun to play with. I'm not done with OoS yet, but there have already been some really cool puzzles with it. Can you imagine using something like that in a 3D setting? I would love to see it on a home console title!

Unfortunately, though, they're honestly really similar to a Hookshot, aside from the fact that thet can push you AWAY from things, too, and attract some magnetic items. I'm sure developers would rather use a tried-and-true item rather than my favorite little one-time-appearance one... :(

And rereading this thread made me think of so many other cool items that I'd love to see again. The Dominion Rod would be cool, too, and Roc's Cape would be awesome. But Pancake reminded me of the Lens of Truth, which is another one of my favorite Zelda items. I really, really would love to see that again (and I don't know why I didn't immediately think of it myself XD). I agree with Jade Fist that there are so many opportunities for hidden secrets and stuff with it. I feel like there's maybe a slightly chance THAT could come back, since it was in two games, one being the most famous of the series. Or at least something similar...
Actually that'd be pretty awesome in 3d.

But they idk they seamed to replace the tried and true hookshot, first with a grappling claw, then it evolved into a claw shot/ double claw shot, to simply being a double claw shot in SS.

So getting a magnetic gloves 2.0 wouldn't be impossible, but very unlikely. I just bet we'll get like a triple grappling shot claw.

Pegasus boots, imagine breaking cracked walls in 3d.

or running around at the speed of sound, gotta hold A to my rainbow? and escape from the city...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
HMMMM

Roc's cape/feather of course. who doesn't like jumping once in awhile?

The Spinner definitely could've been much more useful, it had potential and should be brought back

Bomb arrows were creative but again a bit underutilized

I'd like to see hammers more often than we do now

Pegasus boots neeed to come back

My biggest request is the MAGNETIC GLOVES found in the oracle of seasons. Pushing and pulling magnetic objects (possibly enemy armor?) pulling yourself towards metal objects, imagine how creative Nintendo could be with the magnetic gloves in 3D!

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
I agree with DarkestLink. The Ball and Chain should DEFINITELY be brought back! I also think that the Fire, Ice, Bomb, and Light arrows should come back because Bomb arrows only appeared in one game (not counting Link's Crossbow Training) and the other three only appeared in very few games. Plus, magic power hasn't shown up much and I kind of miss it.

HMMMM

Roc's cape/feather of course. who doesn't like jumping once in awhile?

The Spinner definitely could've been much more useful, it had potential and should be brought back

Bomb arrows were creative but again a bit underutilized

I'd like to see hammers more often than we do now

Pegasus boots neeed to come back

My biggest request is the MAGNETIC GLOVES found in the oracle of seasons. Pushing and pulling magnetic objects (possibly enemy armor?) pulling yourself towards metal objects, imagine how creative Nintendo could be with the magnetic gloves in 3D!

You do know that the magnet gloves were in Four Swords Anniversary Eddition, right? But I agree with what you said anyway.

The Dominion Rod. I felt that this item could be so much more. They really downplayed it in Twilight Princess, as it was used very often. I'd like to be able to control large statues with a variety of different weapons in order to get different tasks done. Also, perhaps the rod could be upgraded to control things other than statues, such as weak enemies, then have more upgrades in order to control stronger enemies. The concept of the Dominion Rod was great, and it can be expanded upon so much more.

I agree. I think it also had the potential to work as a weapon, like a mace.

Last edited:

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I don't know if these count, because they were really just a combination of two other items but, bomb arrows! Those things were so fun and cool to use, not to mention opened up new ways to hide objects and create puzzles. And since they're not really a new item, there's really no real reason not to include them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom