• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Items from Previous Titles You Want to Return

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I definitely want to see the magic meter and magic items return in SS. A few I'd like to see again are the Elemental Arrows, the Magic/Fire/Ice Rods from LoZ/ALttP, and the Medallions from ALttP.
As for non-magic items, it would be great to see the Hookshot, Boomerang, and Hammer again in some form.

Like others have said, I really really REALLY hope Nintendo brings back the Magic Meter!!! I really miss that green line on my screen!

I like to think it won't be in so I'm not disappointed if it doesn't return.

I would be VERY sad if they don't bring it back, TP/PH/ and ST didn't have the meter so I'm pretty scared.

With Magic back, I would like to see Fire/ Ice Arrows and I would also love new items that used magic.

T

TheDrunkZora

I'd also like to see Epona make a comeback.

I think instead of it being epona, i'd like to see a pegasus. This does take place before epona anyway. A pegasus only seems more fitting.

I want to see roc's feather. If the sword isn't going to help you bound about in gameplay, then I think Roc's feather would fit perfectly. Then aerial sword combat could come into play.

squadala

I don't like you either
Defidentaly the magical spells in OoT plus some new one. Also, am I the only one who prefers the kookshot to the clawshot for no apparent reason?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Definitely the boomerang, bow, hookshot, and bombs. I would like a hammer/heavy object of some sort, iron boots, strength lift like the gauntlets or power rings, fire and ice rods instead of arrows, bomb and light arrows, preferably a 3D Roc's Cape (that would be awesome), and the Mirror Shield to be in the game.

I want as many new items as possible, I'm kind of tired of the old ones. And magic. Definitely magic.

B

BJP

Ball and Chain. That thing was awesome. I hope they have it in SS.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I would Like the Fire and Ice rod to return, think of all the puzzles Nintendo could create with them, you could burn a tree, or freeze a waterfall for something, or even melt snow to find a key.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The item I most want to return is the Dominion Rod, but with novel uses.

Just thought I should mention these quotes though, regarding what Aonuma has to say about this topic:
But of course if you look on the weapons menu you will see a question mark - a couple of question marks, in fact - and those are new items that aren't available today.
(and at the epona = pegasus comment)
NP: Say, since the game is partially set in the sky, any chance Epona is a Pegasus?
EA: [Laughs] I hadn't thought of that! You surprised me with that one!
(the first from ONM, the second from NP, sources found in the resources thread linked in my sig)

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
The Roc's Cape would be one. It hasn't been used in a 3D game yet, although it would have to be implemented really carefully.

I also see potential in the Switch Hook from Oracle of Ages.

I'm mostly hoping to see new items though. If they're going to add items from previous Zelda games, then they should come up with new and interesting ways of using them.

I think instead of it being epona, i'd like to see a pegasus. This does take place before epona anyway. A pegasus only seems more fitting.

I want to see roc's feather. If the sword isn't going to help you bound about in gameplay, then I think Roc's feather would fit perfectly. Then aerial sword combat could come into play.

Interestingly enough, Aonuma stated that he never even thought of a pegasus until an interviewer brought it up to him (I can't remember the interview). Regardless, I don't think we'll be seeing that as an inclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom