• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Items from Previous Titles You Want to Return

I, for one, am hoping for a tie in between the introduction of sprinting and the Pegasus Boots. Therefore, I would like to see some pretty flashy sword moves Link can use in conjunction. Magic would be a welcome return from old games, as well.

Of course, I would love the return of many items in SS, but I'm curious what you guys want. What's your dream combination of items in a Zelda game? What do you want to see return to change up your combat and travel style?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Items and abilities I want to have back are a fair list. Some of the things I want back are a Magic Meter. This is the one I want THE MOST, and it's also the one I think they'll definitely bring back, because of it being so far back timeline. Items I want there to be are Bombchus. Not Bomblings, BOMBCHUS. Hookshot/Longshot, but not Clawshot. I think it'd be better with the Hookshot back. And especially MASKS. I think MASKS could be an essential element to the game, especially if there are transformation masks. I doubt there will be masks in general, especially the sweet transformation masks, but I'd still like them back.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I'll pick one or two items from some of the games I'd like to see again:

aLttP: the medalions and the Pegasus Boots
OoT: Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love; the Light arrows
MM: The bunny hood
WW: The Grappling Hook, the Hero's Charm, and Grandma's soup
MC: the gust jar and the ability to create clones(could be an item)
TP: the Spinner, the Double Clawshots, and bomb arrows
PH: spirit upgrades and bombchus
ST: the Sand Wand

...Well, some of them may not be considered items,but that's what I want.

Alar

Clothed in Green
I don't kno why people are saying they want the pegesus boots returning because that item works well with the 2D games but may not work that well wih the 3D ones, also i expect that the classic items, well its comfirmed that the Bombs, Bowand arrows and bottles etc.. are coming back but i know this is undermining this thread but shouldn't we be concentrating on what new items we would like to see rather than the older items, of course i would like to see some of the old 3D games items reworked for the motion Controls but i would also like to see the 2D items redesinged and bought into 3d with motion controls.As for actually pin pointing which items i would like to see well i'll leave that up to Nintendo , i have faith.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I don't kno why people are saying they want the pegesus boots returning because that item works well with the 2D games but may not work that well wih the 3D ones, also i expect that the classic items, well its comfirmed that the Bombs, Bowand arrows and bottles etc.. are coming back but i know this is undermining this thread but shouldn't we be concentrating on what new items we would like to see rather than the older items, of course i would like to see some of the old 3D games items reworked for the motion Controls but i would also like to see the 2D items redesinged and bought into 3d with motion controls.As for actually pin pointing which items i would like to see well i'll leave that up to Nintendo , i have faith.

I just want them in another game, not nessisary Skyward Sword.

The Bow.

That's basically all I want, if Nintendo would ever make a Zelda game without the bow, I'd be pretty mad. And I agree with RoBirk29384, I'd like to see some cool moves that Link does with his sword while sprinting, maybe even just holding the WiiMote out to make Link hold his sword out while sprinting. I'd like to see spells return, too. Maybe one to make you faster, another to make you stronger, and another to make you take less damage. I'd also like to see Epona make a comeback.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The Seed Satchel like in OoX
The Lantern
Powder Kegs (maybe an older Link could use them?)
The Lens of Truth
and a few Sea Charts too.

Not very combat orriented but I'd still like at least one of these items to be in SS, just cause they all help you find some of the best treasures. Like Gold Dust.

I wouldn't mind the Spinner from Twilight Princess to make a return. But I'm not one of those fanatics who won't buy/play SS if the Spinner isn't in it. Oh, and Double Hookshots/Clawshots would be cool to see as well, though I like the Hookshot better than the Clawshot. I like Bomb Arrows a lot, too. Twilight Princess had a lot of cool items.

But I want to see Magic Meters again. I love Magic Meters, that's one of the things I feel that is missing as I am playing for the first time through Twilight Princess.

Djinn

and Tonic
This game seems perfect for the Roc's Cape. Being capable of floating from one platform to another sounds like it might be the best way to travel between areas within Skyloft. Almost a necessity. As it was found in the Palace of the Winds in MC it could have a connection to a sky people. Since the MC version was a Wind Tribe item.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I would love to have some magical items return like there was in ALttP and OoT. Mainly I'd like to see the return of the medallions in ALttP: Bombos, Ether, and Quake; and the return of the magical spells in OoT: Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and Din's Fire. I loved those items and would use them any time I got the chance to in those games. I would love for them to make a return, if not in SS, then a future Zelda game. :)

The medallions from A Link to the Past are definitely items that should make a return. I would also love for a magic meter and be given the use of spells like in the Adventure of Link, and maybe the spells in Ocarina of Time can return with those as well. Some other items I would like to see make a return are the Magic Cape and the Cane of Byrna and Cane of Somaria from A Link to the Past. From the Legend of Zelda, I want the Blue and Red Rings.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I liked the items used in TMC that never really made much by ways of future appearances so far. Seeing as SS is set in the clouds then like Djin said, Roc's cape would be perfect to put in there. I think the gust jar was also a good item that should come back and there should be wind in Skyloft so I think the gust jar would fit in very well! I don't know if the kinstones really count as an official "item" but I miss them, they were genius and useful for side quests as well as just plain cool.

I'd also like to see the ST whip again, I'm not completely sure why but I liked it. I would actually like to see some new items included in SS, let's see what Nintendo come up with...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Pegasus boots were more or less the pre-Hover Boots. And those were great, except for the lack of traction.

Anyway, I think I'd want the hook/longshot back, the double Clawshots were just different. I'd also love to see that magic bar, I remember constantly and consistently posting that I wanted the magic bar back. Light, Fire, and Ice arrows are always welcome, as their absence in TP was appalling in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom