• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Item-to-collect and Lyre Speculation!

This is from an article from Destructoid;

Ghirahim tells me that Zelda's lingering presence is fading and then takes his exit. I collect a new Heart Container and a strange shard that fits into the base of the Goddess Statue on Skyloft, then I'm on my way again, soaring through the clouds back to Skyloft on my Crimson Loftbird.

It seems like this could be the item-to-collect (like the Spiritual Stones, Fused Shadows, Pearls etc) of this game. Zelda will probably leave these shards in the first couple of dungeons, and they will later unlock something in the Goddess Statue.

My guess? The Lyre of the Goddess.
If we look at all of the latest footage, the Lyre is nowhere to be seen. This pertains the Skyview Temple, the Earth Temple and the Mechanical Dungeon. It would seem plausible that Zelda leaves these shards for you to find, which unlock the Lyre hidden in the Statue. Zelda doesn't have it on her all the time, so it has to be stored somewhere, right? Why not the Goddess Statue?

This would also reveal the order of at least the first three dungeons; Sky, Earth and Mechanical.

What do you guys think?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I agree with you! I really hope that is the dungeon layout, then we would get more dungeons and more awsomeness!

Also, it seems like the Lyre is not used in the Eldin Volcano either, or at least it wasn't mentioned or even teased at GI preview.

It's a quite good theory, but in the actual scene (not the dream) Zelda has the Lyre with her or not? (i'm at work right now, cant look for it). If she falls with the Lyre, than she probably drops it somewhere or hand over to someone in the land bellow, so that Link can find it.

It's a quite good theory, but in the actual scene (not the dream) Zelda has the Lyre with her or not? (i'm at work right now, cant look for it). If she falls with the Lyre, than she probably drops it somewhere or hand over to someone in the land bellow, so that Link can find it.

She doesn't have it with her when she's falling, both in the dream and in real life.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm certain this is the "item-to-collect" thing in this game. I also believe that these shards will be what slowly upgrades the Goddess Sword into the Master Sword (kind of like with The Minish Cap). Of course, I still hold to my theory that the original six Sages will be part of the final transformation in which Fi will morph with the Goddess Sword, turning it into the Blade of Evil's Bane.

skybird11

state alchemist
isnt it odd how we dont see/have the lyre in the begining? we ALWAYS get the instrument within the first couple hours of the game(MC excluded) but this doesnt seem to be the case here. interesting

Zorth

#Scoundrel
This is from an article from Destructoid;

It seems like this could be the item-to-collect (like the Spiritual Stones, Fused Shadows, Pearls etc) of this game. Zelda will probably leave these shards in the first couple of dungeons, and they will later unlock something in the Goddess Statue.

My guess? The Lyre of the Goddess.
If we look at all of the latest footage, the Lyre is nowhere to be seen. This pertains the Skyview Temple, the Earth Temple and the Mechanical Dungeon. It would seem plausible that Zelda leaves these shards for you to find, which unlock the Lyre hidden in the Statue. Zelda doesn't have it on her all the time, so it has to be stored somewhere, right? Why not the Goddess Statue?

This would also reveal the order of at least the first three dungeons; Sky, Earth and Mechanical.

What do you guys think?

I always liked how the zelda games had two parts..
The first part is collecting some gems that have been broken into pieces and then after you do that a whole new evil is unveiled and then you go out on another item-colecting quest.

But I would like them to be traditional.. Earth/forest then Fire and last is water.. After those three ''Training - Dungeons'' you get the hang of the game and know the story and then you finally embark on the epic quest to do something.. :)

^ ^

That is the exact formula that many of us are hoping is broken. It has been overused to the point of insanity. We need a fresh plot structure in this game.

As for the lyre being equipped, we only see it equipped in shots where Link has a high number of hearts. This leads me to believe that we will get it somewhere in the middle of the game, after we have completed the initial exploration of the three provinces, and use it to access new areas that we could not previously enter. Also, since the Lyre is seen in a forest cave area, I'm assuming that there will be a true forest temple later in the game.

Well, when Link meets the old women in the cave when first visiting the land below, she tells him she's waiting for the one from the sky (or something along those lines). Perhaps she was given the Lyre by Zelda, and is waiting to hand it over to Link ? The only problem with that though would be that Link meets her before going to the Faron Woods (if I remember correctly), and we don't see it in any Faron Wood screenshots . . . I fail at theories xD

Zorth

#Scoundrel
^ ^

That is the exact formula that many of us are hoping is broken. It has been overused to the point of insanity. We need a fresh plot structure in this game.

As for the lyre being equipped, we only see it equipped in shots where Link has a high number of hearts. This leads me to believe that we will get it somewhere in the middle of the game, after we have completed the initial exploration of the three provinces, and use it to access new areas that we could not previously enter. Also, since the Lyre is seen in a forest cave area, I'm assuming that there will be a true forest temple later in the game.

off topic:

What else is there to do?
Zelda games main quests have been about collecting magical gems that break a seal of some sorts and you save the princess in the end..
Only other things I can think of are:

Recruiting quests -- Where the objective is to recruit old veterans or armies to make a stand against an evil (perhaps Girahims army of the dead.. i dunno random idea :D). This particular method can be further extended, Maybe you help to rebuild cities from an war, You help those in need.. But ultimately the goal is to defend against hordes of enemies.

Divine quests -- Your goal is maybe to ressurect divine creatures, gods or other supernatural things that can help you in your fight against evil.

Political quests -- You maybe try to establish an order, a government to rule the land and bring it together..

But you can notice that in all examples the ultimate goal is to fight evil. You do certain things to prepare for a war, stop a war or stop a certain evil from coming back. My guess is that number 3. is gonna be in the game. Your quest is maybe to colelct magical items and kill dragons but you do it so that the royal family can get created?

Last edited:
You can still collect things. I'd just prefer a change from the collect this - PLOT TWIST - now collect these sequence. Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks broke from this formula to some extent, but I'd like to see even more change.

You can still collect things. I'd just prefer a change from the collect this - PLOT TWIST - now collect these sequence. Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks broke from this formula to some extent, but I'd like to see even more change.
Well, Miyamoto himself stated that TP would be the last Zelda we see in it's current form, so I'm expecting major formula changes. This game is definitely going to stand apart from others in term of the formula throughout the game, so really we shouldn't even be positive yet there is an item-to-collect sequence in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom