• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Item Question

You should only get that when you move the cursor over an item that uses magic. It's supposed to tell you how much magic that item will use (MP6 = 6 Magic Points, I assume). I always thought it was kind of strange, because you don't have "Magic Points" just a Magic Bar. It does tell you how much they use relative to each other though.

MW7

You should only get that when you move the cursor over an item that uses magic. It's supposed to tell you how much magic that item will use (MP6 = 6 Magic Points, I assume). I always thought it was kind of strange, because you don't have "Magic Points" just a Magic Bar. It does tell you how much they use relative to each other though.

The N64 manual does call it Magic Points on page 25. Yeah I always thought it was odd too. In OOT 3D they changed it to something that makes a lot more sense. Now it says Magic Cost then low, medium, high, or max.

The other thing I found strange is that the Lens of Truth has nothing about magic use on the menu in either version of the game.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
The N64 manual does call it Magic Points on page 25. Yeah I always thought it was odd too. In OOT 3D they changed it to something that makes a lot more sense. Now it says Magic Cost then low, medium, high, or max.

The other thing I found strange is that the Lens of Truth has nothing about magic use on the menu in either version of the game.
Yes, it is Magic Points.
Another official print material we can refrence is the OoT MQ gamecube promotional disk.
In /that/ manual, it says on the Lense of Truth "Using this item consumes magic energy." It also says, near the fire, ice, and light arrows, "2 MP", "2 MP", "4 MP", respectively.

Finally, in the same area of the manual, it says:
MP Consumption
Using magic, and some items, consumes Magic Points. Spin swings also use up Magic Points. Watch your Magic Meter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom