• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds It Seems Too Quiet...

I'm really looking forwards to playing A Link Between World's but do you think Nintendo are being a bit too quiet about it?
We've only received extremely vague information about how gameplay works, the plot and who the villain is.
Here in the UK, we've only received a vague 'November 2013' release date, so I'm thinking that sometime in October (once The Wind Waker HD at been released) we'll either get a Nintendo Direct where this game has a big mention or, even better, a Nintendo Direct dedicated just to this game!

Salem

SICK
They can't really reveal to much about the game, what they revealed so far seems adequate, I mean, they can't tell us too much about the dungeons and bosses, they told us about the painting, item shop, dark world. The plot for example isn't the big focus of Zelda games in general.

They can't really reveal to much about the game, what they revealed so far seems adequate, I mean, they can't tell us too much about the dungeons and bosses, they told us about the painting, item shop, dark world. The plot for example isn't the big focus of Zelda games in general.

It would be nice to get a specific release date. (In the UK, I mean. The USA might have one already)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
They wouldn't want to spoil the game now would they? ;)

In my view the have released a lot of information already. We've had several trailers, each giving us new details. We've had several demo footages, giving us a glimpse into how the game will actually work etc. Plus you can't forget the information that has come from developers and whatnot; I think we've had our fair share to be honest.

Maybe they haven't released more because they simply don't need to, this game is similar in many ways to its spiritual predecessor; A Link to the Past - taking place in the the same game world and whatnot. So there isn't too much to reveal on that side of things and reading anything else or expanding onto existing information would be entering spoiler territory ;p

Night Owl

~Momentai
The US does have a specific release date -Nov 22- but it is odd that Nintendo is keeping quiet.
They might be afraid of the backlash from announcing too much especially after SS.

Then again, Nintendo doesn't publicise handheld Zeldas as much as console Zeldas.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!

:facepalm: Then what's the point of it then?

Anyways, yes I do think Nintendo is being a bit too quiet about it. Plus going by what Aonuma said about the development of the game, I have a feeling the game might be postponed to at the earliest, early next year, but no later than holiday season 2014 obviously. This makes sense due to the many times that a 3DS game has been postponed. Think about it, Kid Icarus was originally set for 2011 release but didn't release until March 2012. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon had a similar case, the game was revealed in 2011 as Luigi's Mansion 2 originally intended for 2011/2012 release, but that didn't come out until March 2013 as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. So if for whatever reason ALBW does get delayed, chances are, it will very likely definitely come out by the end of March 2014.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
For the UK, i would feel confident that you will get the game around the same time as us!

as far as information about the game, i have a feeling they are keeping quiet cuz this game will probably focus a lot on story considering they are playing off of ALttP which was a big deal in the franchise. It seems they wanna flesh out the lore surrounding the whole "downfall timeline".

With that being i feel the information we have received is plenty , i dont want any story line spoiled for me, what they have shown about the game has been enough to get ME excited about the game, and im sure others feel the same! we got a lil over a month before the game comes out and i know i will be playing it on day one! So maybe they are being so quiet to not spoil anything for us!

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
What? I never said the plot is pointless, I just said it's not the most big focus of the series.

What I meant was, what is the point of a plot if it's not going the most big focus? In my opinion, every video game with a storyline and history should have the plot be the main focus of every installment to the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom