• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Isn't It Time That TLoZ Made It in the LEGO World?

To be honest, if any Nintendo franchise should be turned into Lego it should be the Super Mario Franchise. Mario appeals to more than just gamers and would sell way better. Lego Zelda? it's nice, but this appeals more to gamers than the average person. Lego Mario would be more probable in Nintendo's eyes if they had to choose between the two franchises. They've already done Mario K'nex sets (Which focuses on Mario kart) and that was awesome, A Lego Mario set based on the games would be just as successful.

Would a Lego Zelda Game work? Well Lego City undercover has made the possibility stronger I guess, but I'm not sure how the game should flow. If it's gonna be a Lego Zelda Game, it shouldn't use the traditional Zelda format because otherwise you're just remaking a Zelda game in Lego format and we know how annoyed Zelda fans can get when they hear the word "remake" and "Zelda" in the same sentence. It could have an original story like Lego Batman did, but then Nintendo would rather do that with an original Zelda title and drop the Lego Style. And it would be very difficult to mimic the game structure of Lego Star Wars in a Lego Zelda games because there's not many key points in Zelda stories that would generate a whole linear level to represent that point in the story. (Plus the levels would be very linear and Zelda fans hate linear!)

If Zelda ever had a movie, a Lego Zelda Game would be alot easier to make, but because it's a game based on a game, it would be a little difficult to convert into the Lego game format.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I have no desire to see a lego Zelda happen. If it does happen, I probably won't complain... probably.

I disapprove, however, of a Lego Zelda game. I don't recall video games being a high on the lego parody list. If, say, Mario and Halo started coming out with their Lego games first, than yeah, I could see it. (Though that is clearly something Halo would not do) Not to say either are better than Zelda, but EVERYONE knows who Mario is whether they like it or not and Master Chief isn't far behind. Some people still think Link's name is Zelda... and that he's the same Person in each game. Can it work? All ideas can work if executed well, Kingdom Hearts is proof of that. But there's not much leading to making, or even having a Zelda lego game. There's not much connecting the two. So before we start Randomly spewing out Zelda Lego trinities, I'd prefer if we started with Mario or something simply because there's two big of a gap separating the two franchises.

Fig

The Altruist
It would be great to merge the two threads as these two threads do discuss about the same thing Nonetheless, I am very interested in the whole Lego Zelda concept and judging from the pictures of this set, it seems that it would be based off The Wind Waker, one of my personal favorite Zelda games of all time. I also just checked out the Lego site and it really does look promising! As of now, the project as over 4,000 supports and needs at least 10,000 by the next 352 days. I believe that that is plenty amount of time for the project to earn 10,000 supporters given if there was more publicity Nonetheless, I have faith in this project and hope to see more news and updates in the near future!

Didn't Cuusoo already have a Zelda Lego thing, but was denied in favor of a Back to the Future Lego set?

Yes, there were two seperate proposals I beleive. If I am correct, both made it to the required 10,000 signatures required for review but were declined at this point. I'm inclined to presume the problem was lisencing issues, but that's only my best guess.

I prefer this (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/32525) style of set to Wind Waker; it's one of the few games I never played. The games starring Toon Link are great, but I do have a personal preference for his less chibified self.

I'm going to vote for it anyway of course, because I'd still love it to become available.

Last edited:

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
What is the point? Zelda is already animated. It's already a video game. Why make it lego? Sure, go ahead and do it for movies, but why make a video game of a video game? Doesn't make sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom