• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Zelda Skyward Sword Being Un-Original

Is Zelda Skyward Being Un-Original

• They are Lacking Ideas and using others ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are just using it as an Example

• They idea is unique and original

• Total voters
Wii Sports Resort was basically a way to show off their new Wii Motion Plus technology. And Iwata, president of Nintendo wanted to use this new technology in "real" games.

Wii Spots Resort just found all the best ways to use the technology, and Zelda went from where WSR left off, and added all of elements of action adventure amazingness!

So really its exactly how Nintendo should have done it. If they didn't use Wii Motion Plus for Zelda (which is a perfect game for the technology), then why did they make the technology in the first place?

If you've ever played Red Steel 2 you'd know that they didn't use Wii Sports Resort formula and it turned out waaay less smooth and less accurate then that of WSR. Because the WSR team really knew how the technology worked inside out.

Why limit yourself to Motion Plus technology worse then what your company already has created? A great formula out there, ready for Nintendo's use?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
i think it's enough of a twist on swordplay that it is it's own game and that with hidden skills and horseback combat SS stands apart from games like wii sports. Zelda is an action adventure game while wii sports is a sports/party game. They are different yet they both incorparate sword fighting, one has hours of combat while the other sections off gameplay to minigames but manages to feature archery that remind me of zelda as well as dueling... games are hard to compare though so there are tons of other views on this matter. for instance, nintendo re-use ideas so often it makes my head spin, wii party looks like mario party and zelda looks like wii sports... and so there's no escaping it i guess.

Even if it is copying Wii Sports, why is that a problem, if it works?

I don't really know what to say on top of this. Wii Sports Resort probably only had that so that Nintendo could test out how well a more realistic Sword Play would go down with the Wii owners.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Kitsu said "Even if it's copying Wii Sports Resort, why is it a problem if it works?" I for one, agree. IF IT WORKS, USE IT. Besides, the sword-play will be implemented more better, because you will be using the sword most of the time. They are using the concept of the sword-play game, but pushing it's capabilities far further.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
if your basis are the functionality of the item's or something "bowling", maybe it's not a "Un-original" just a coincidence. the creator of skyward sword is trying to enhance the game mobility so that the player will be appreciated and to challenge more.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I don't see a problem in using a sword style from another Nintendo game if it works! Every idea in a new game does not necessarily need to be "new and shiny". Some times functionality is king!

N

Nogal

I saw an interview where they said that the Wii motion plus was not originally in the design, but because of Wii Sports Resorts' success, decided to go with. I believe that they used some of the same functions of course, it if works right? But i'm sure they've tweaked it to fit the game.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
If they wanted to use sword motions for Zelda (one of the biggest franchise of Ninitendo) why did they threw them to WSR first then?

They didn't know how until they experimented with Wii Sports Resort. WSR was also just to show capabilities of WMP.

I saw an interview where they said that the Wii motion plus was not originally in the design, but because of Wii Sports Resorts' success, decided to go with. I believe that they used some of the same functions of course, it if works right? But i'm sure they've tweaked it to fit the game.

They wanted to do it before WSR but were unable to do it because they didn't really know how until WMP and the WSR were released.

S

Shika

If they're copying anybody with the sword controls, it's not Wii Sports Resort, it's the people who made up how to use swords in the first place. There's only so many ways to use a sword, and any sword game that comes out and wants to have realistic control is GOING to use that system.

Also, rolling bombs can let you roll them through tunnels and such. More puzzle solving goodness.

zants follower

underling of the dark god
Well, why did MM copy Oot? Why did OoX copy LA? Why did TP Wii copy TP GC (switch the order if needed)? Who cares?
My theory is that WSR was a sort of prototype SS. That, when they got the controls down, they sent out a game based off of it just because they could. It's that simple. All they wanted was money, and what's wrong with that?

If they're copying anybody with the sword controls, it's not Wii Sports Resort, it's the people who made up how to use swords in the first place. There's only so many ways to use a sword, and any sword game that comes out and wants to have realistic control is GOING to use that system.
That was the first thing I thought when I clicked this thread :P

BTW, how does a thread that is just repeating "a company can't steal it's own ideas," and "the controls work, so who give an octo-s**t?" go on for 3 pages?

B

Brother Darunia

Skyward Sword only exists to get more money from the franchise and make more holes in the timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom