• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Zelda getting Boring?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The Legend of Zelda series is clearly why we're all here, and I'm pretty sure we all like or love the series, or at least did.

Nintendo has released MANY MANY Zelda games over the years, with many being very similar, with most of the same ideas.

Does it get boring to you?

MW7

My interest rises and falls with each release. The release of BoTW was a peak and now my interest is settling down to normal. I hope they continue to do different things to keep the series interesting with each new release. Every once in a while when there is nothing new in the series, I just need to take a break so that I avoid becoming bored with the series. I think I can honestly say that there hasn't been a year of my life since 1998 that I haven't at least played through OoT at least a couple times, and I've lost track of how many times I've played through most of the other games as well.

Ninja

Well well well
If they were to release full console titles more often, I'd feel less bored with the series, or feel boredom at a slower rate. Even if they used the same engine and mapping of Breath of the Wild, I'd be happy with that if it speeds up production.

For the series, I'm content with it. I will admit, it may get tedious playing the same older titles over and over again. I'm taking a break from BotW and replaying Wind Waker, and switching to Hyrule Warriors when I want something different.

I'll always be there to play the next games.

I began playing Zelda for the story and since my youth that has been the number one reason i play and keep with the story. Its important to me tonsee what happens next in Hyrule and what it all means.

Sometimes its disappointing and sometimes it can be dull or pointless but i'll even be there to find out in that respect. We never know what Nintendo will do next and that will always be interesting to me.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I enjoy the series for what it is too much to ever be bored by it, especially since it doesn't really come around often and is unlike anything else out there. Nothing can replace it and even when the series is stuck repeating a formula, it's offering new experiences. I'm not gonna suddenly stop enjoying the gameplay, the stories, the game design, or the music because a previous game exists.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
you know,i actually do wonder whether this was the reason i hated the oracle games,maybe i was just tired of the zelda forumla by the time i played them
though i will say i don't think I'll ever get back into my zelda fanboy zone like i was back in 2011/2012 (heck that was when i joined this site),but i doubt I'll stop playing or replaying the games entirely

The Legend of Zelda series is clearly why we're all here, and I'm pretty sure we all like or love the series, or at least did.

Nintendo has released MANY MANY Zelda games over the years, with many being very similar, with most of the same ideas.

Does it get boring to you?

It doesn't get boring to me. It's not like they recycle the same plot. There's always a new adventure.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It bores me now because ninty are 90% lazy and 100% oblivious with everything they do. I know, they're so boring the sheer intensity of their dullness defies all reason.

BotW is a noble effort, even though it's not my cup of tea, but they still by all rights should have done so so much more with it. especially for the amount of time it spent in development.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It is boring. They haven't had a truly interesting game since 2006.

We had a stellar 3D series until Skyward Sword came out and I was certain that BoTW would be different especially since Skyrim, and The Witcher 3 had been released and they were bound to take inspiration from those. Unfortunately after a 6 year wait we got a totally dull bare bones world with a thoughtless story and I certainly don't find collecting pointless seeds exciting.

I think now I will just enjoy talking about the older games and have accepted the future series will probably be boring.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm just getting sick and tired of Nintendo changing everything all the damn time. There's no stability in the series and it's hard to get excited anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom