• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

is your version of tidy different to others??

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
my mum is complaining because 'the rooms not tidy!!! it is to me and i hang out in here more than she does... pretty much never!!! but its tidy to me.... so im just wondering is your version of tidy different to other peoples??

NastyLesley

Goth catboy thingy
My lady and I both seem to have somewhat different definitions of "tidy", her standards seemingly being rather higher than mine. I'm generally satisfied if the floor is clear and anything not to be used in the immediate future is stored in a logical place. Her version of "tidy" would pass at the Ritz and I mean that as praise. I don't have the eye for cleaning that she does.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I'm not messy, nor am I insanely organized. I just generally like a tidy place with the most used items in an easily accessible place.

My wife though is the one that really likes things to be tidy, and her standard is higher than mine. For dishes, I generally focus on dishes, but for her, doing the dishes is cleaning the kitchen and dining room.

As you get older, you find you like things to be tidier. For me, I prefer a controlled chaos. It's clean, but stuff has a proper place, that is, most used items are stored in an easy to access place. My desk my wife hates, but there's a logic as to why I have it the way I do.

I'm only extremely organized when it comes to my guitars and other musical equipment. I like my guitars to be clean, I like them to hold their tuning, so constant maintenance to keep them that way is required.

Plus, they're guitars, so in the process of upkeep, playing them is an inevitable consequence. :)

I think that if the place is vacuumed and any items lying around are organized logically, it's good enough.

But then you have someone like my grandma who's absolutely insistent on having all the windows clean, the shower cleaned regularly, no items lying around on the dining room table, etc.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I like to keep my space pretty clean so I don't think I'd go well living with roommates. I'm not super insane on cleaning or anything like that but I just prefer that things are kept in their place and nothing important is left for too long before being done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom