• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Your Body Ready

Is Your Body Ready?

• 1- Ur a Casual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2- I can't ready

• 3- My body is not ready

• 4- A little more preparation and my body will be ready

• 5- Hmmmm

• 6- Above Casual

• 7. Hardcore

• 8. My body is almost ready

• My Body Is Ready

• I am The Legendary Regimas Prime

• Total voters

Dan

I am a pretty upbeat girl, so I'm always ready from morning to night, giggles all around. I would give myself a 10/10.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm I'm not quite sure what to make of this thread but to me it seems a bit pointless. Try to explain what exactly the purpose is of this thread? Ready for what? Being in shape? Being a wiegh lifter or hockeyplayer? Or whatever?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
To accurately answer such a question, we need to go much deeper into the meaning of the question you offered; "Is your body ready?"

Before we even start, is our body our body? Perhaps we are the creation of a deity, a God, and surely he owns our bodies because of this? And therefore it is not up to us whether or not our gifted bodies are ready but if our creator deems us ready, either now or during our creation. Did he make our bodies ready? Or did he just leave our bodies with the capacity to eventually become ready whenever we chose to become ready.

And of course alternatively we are the product of millions upon millions of years of evolution to become what we are today, to have the bodies we have. Similar questions must be poised and answered; natural selection and evolution will often have the species change and adapt in order to properly suit a particular need. Was the need for our bodies to be, or become, ready needed all those years ago? I find it hard to think so. So we must have, somewhere in the process of us becoming homo sapiens as we are today, evolved the ability for our bodies to become ready. If we never did, well, then the answer to your question would have to be no, my body is not ready. And nobody's body can be ready unless they are part of a much more advanced species whom bodies evolved to indeed become ready at the will of the owner.

That, however, only touches upon half of the question, the body. Not only did you reference our bodies, you asked us if they were ready. And so that must equally be discussed.

The act of being ready is surely a situational thing, unless your useage of ready means to always be ready for anything which may or may not come our way. To answer your question should the meaning of the word ready refer to the former definition of the word, that would take time I surely do not have time to commit to a simple post on a message forum and would not be efficient time spent when I can have spent it doing more important things in life, and for that you have my apologies. But for want of giving you an answer to your burning question I will assume you meant the former.

Unagi. A state of complete awareness. This concept was pioneered by the Japanese martial artists, notably karate expert Dr. Ross Gellar, in that the human mind is always ready for any danger that may come to them. It does not even contain itself to just danger; Unagi, complete awareness of everything around you, would mean you ready for anything and everything which could possibly happen in a space around you, to the very limits of your potential awareness and foresight. It is an ancient concept but still one relevant today.

And so we relate this state of Unagi back to the body, for Unagi is a concept for the mind; can a human body achieve Unagi? Only then can your body truly be ready, in every sense of the word, and an answer to your question can be met. I suppose this would have to discuss the very mechanics of how the mind interacts with the body. This discussion can be centered on the Central Nervous System of the homo sapien body, though of course it can be branched out into other areas should the discussion arise where that would be appropriate.

The brain, which houses the human mind, and therefore being the resting place of the concept of Unagi, works in tandem with the spinal cord and peripheral nerves to send information to the body. The speed of which we can do this is extremely fast, but can it be fast enough to instantly send the information processed using the concept of Unagi, who's awareness is instant, and send this across the entirety of the human body in time?

Due to the amazing skills we human beings possess, being able to put food in tins that should not go into tins, I like to think that the human body could be able to react with the same speed as the human mind if proper training is received, and so Unagi not only becomes a concept of the mind, but a state, a fighting form you could say, for the body. Only then would someone truly be ready for anything; and only then would their body be ready.

So, to answer your question, as someone who has not mastered these skills I would have to concede that my body is not ready. My body is also not ready to endure the physical torment which I would need to achieve my body to be ready at every second of everyday, and this is a weakness I should be ashamed about and yet have to live with regardless.

I hope I answered your question.

tl;dr

nope.

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
To accurately answer such a question, we need to go much deeper into the meaning of the question you offered; "Is your body ready?"

Before we even start, is our body our body? Perhaps we are the creation of a deity, a God, and surely he owns our bodies because of this? And therefore it is not up to us whether or not our gifted bodies are ready but if our creator deems us ready, either now or during our creation. Did he make our bodies ready? Or did he just leave our bodies with the capacity to eventually become ready whenever we chose to become ready.

And of course alternatively we are the product of millions upon millions of years of evolution to become what we are today, to have the bodies we have. Similar questions must be poised and answered; natural selection and evolution will often have the species change and adapt in order to properly suit a particular need. Was the need for our bodies to be, or become, ready needed all those years ago? I find it hard to think so. So we must have, somewhere in the process of us becoming homo sapiens as we are today, evolved the ability for our bodies to become ready. If we never did, well, then the answer to your question would have to be no, my body is not ready. And nobody's body can be ready unless they are part of a much more advanced species whom bodies evolved to indeed become ready at the will of the owner.

That, however, only touches upon half of the question, the body. Not only did you reference our bodies, you asked us if they were ready. And so that must equally be discussed.

The act of being ready is surely a situational thing, unless your useage of ready means to always be ready for anything which may or may not come our way. To answer your question should the meaning of the word ready refer to the former definition of the word, that would take time I surely do not have time to commit to a simple post on a message forum and would not be efficient time spent when I can have spent it doing more important things in life, and for that you have my apologies. But for want of giving you an answer to your burning question I will assume you meant the former.

Unagi. A state of complete awareness. This concept was pioneered by the Japanese martial artists, notably karate expert Dr. Ross Gellar, in that the human mind is always ready for any danger that may come to them. It does not even contain itself to just danger; Unagi, complete awareness of everything around you, would mean you ready for anything and everything which could possibly happen in a space around you, to the very limits of your potential awareness and foresight. It is an ancient concept but still one relevant today.

And so we relate this state of Unagi back to the body, for Unagi is a concept for the mind; can a human body achieve Unagi? Only then can your body truly be ready, in every sense of the word, and an answer to your question can be met. I suppose this would have to discuss the very mechanics of how the mind interacts with the body. This discussion can be centered on the Central Nervous System of the homo sapien body, though of course it can be branched out into other areas should the discussion arise where that would be appropriate.

The brain, which houses the human mind, and therefore being the resting place of the concept of Unagi, works in tandem with the spinal cord and peripheral nerves to send information to the body. The speed of which we can do this is extremely fast, but can it be fast enough to instantly send the information processed using the concept of Unagi, who's awareness is instant, and send this across the entirety of the human body in time?

Due to the amazing skills we human beings possess, being able to put food in tins that should not go into tins, I like to think that the human body could be able to react with the same speed as the human mind if proper training is received, and so Unagi not only becomes a concept of the mind, but a state, a fighting form you could say, for the body. Only then would someone truly be ready for anything; and only then would their body be ready.

So, to answer your question, as someone who has not mastered these skills I would have to concede that my body is not ready. My body is also not ready to endure the physical torment which I would need to achieve my body to be ready at every second of everyday, and this is a weakness I should be ashamed about and yet have to live with regardless.

I hope I answered your question.

tl;dr

nope.
I liked this post for various reasons.

1) I have three hours worth of meditation music on.
2) I had just came from reading a few verses from the Tao Te Ching.
3) I logged on to take a break from Eastern philosophy and this is the first post I see.
4) I am taking this a sign from the Tao that I should probably get back to reading.

My body was not ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom