• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Wind Waker the End of Ganon?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
You're excusing the fact that the Master Sword is IN GANONDORF'S SKULL.

Maybe Ganondorf can never come back, but I'd be hard pressed to find Ganon coming back as well, especially if they are one in the same.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
You're excusing the fact that the Master Sword is IN GANONDORF'S SKULL.

Maybe Ganondorf can never come back, but I'd be hard pressed to find Ganon coming back as well, especially if they are one in the same.

lol no matter how you look at it, he comes back. you cant disprove that he comes back because he dies in both TP and in WW yet there are games after with Ganon in them which means he comes back. youre arguing an impossible idea because the fact that he is in games later on in the timeline is proof that he returns. there is absolutely no ingame evidence in any game to say that its a new Ganon. Ganondorf dies in TP and WW but afterwards Ganon comes back. they are the same person in a way. Ganondorf is a human who can die. when Ganondorfs body is destroyed, the ToP keeps Ganon alive because Ganon is not human. the body is destroyed, not the soul inside of it.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
You can't disprove the fact that we stuck an arrow in Ganon's gut in Alttp and he ended up coming back in OOX.
Let me tell you something else, Ganondorf may be without a body DvSag but he has a spirit to use.

So on the happier, non hurting feelings side of things, I'd like to think he would come back. I mean you brought up all of what AoL is, they could just pick him up out of the water, crack the rock open, and he's alive, if he can stay alive for that long. And I doubt Nintendo would kill him anyway. In either side of the timeline for a very long time.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
You can't really prove that there are already games with Ganon after WW, either.

again, you miss the point. regardless of what timeline the games with Ganon go on, they take place after a game where Ganondorf dies.

if they go on the adult timeline then they go after WW. Ganondorf is stabbed in the head and turned to stone in WW.

if they go on the child timeline then they go after TP. Ganondorf is stabbed in/through the chest and seemingly dies in TP.

this means that no matter what timeline they go on, each game with Ganon in it takes place after a game where Ganondorf seemingly has died.

there is your proof that no matter what, the games take place after Ganondorfs supposed death.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
OoX isn't a sequel to ALttP.
LA is the sequel to ALttP.

Also, I don't know how much the Silver Arrows have really proved themself. They 'say' they can kill Ganon indefinitely, but they're used in both LoZ and ALttP. It's possible for Ganon to return in AoL, the sequel to LoZ.

And all I'm saying is:
The one thing known to stop Ganon every time is the Master Sword.
The Master Sword is now firmly rooted into Ganon's brain. The only reason the Master Sword is ever removed from its pedestal is when it's needed to destory Ganon. If Ganon IS the pedestal, why would Link remove it?

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
OoX isn't a sequel to ALttP.
LA is the sequel to ALttP.

Also, I don't know how much the Silver Arrows have really proved themself. They 'say' they can kill Ganon indefinitely, but they're used in both LoZ and ALttP. It's possible for Ganon to return in AoL, the sequel to LoZ.

And all I'm saying is:
The one thing known to stop Ganon every time is the Master Sword.
The Master Sword is now firmly rooted into Ganon's brain. The only reason the Master Sword is ever removed from its pedestal is when it's needed to destory Ganon. If Ganon IS the pedestal, why would Link remove it?

because Ganon is not the pedestal, Ganondorf is. and its not necessarily Ganondorf, its just his body. youre thinking of it way too literally. he obviously can turn into a demon and he has been resurrected without his dead remains used (yes im going back to this). when youre talking about the Gerudo form can you please call him Ganondorf and Ganon when its the demon? because youre confusing the topic by referring to both of them as one name. there have been other games where Ganon/dorf is defeated by the master sword but he always comes back. no one ever said the master sword can for sure kill him. the only item ever spoken of like that is the silver arrows. thats the only item ever said to be able to actually kill him. just because he can be beaten with the master sword doesnt mean it can kill him. when hes turned to stone that could just represent that hes beaten for now until someone comes along and does something that allows him to escape or his sould escaped his body and since he is the bearer of the ToP he can revive himself as Ganon.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Ok, I'll start referring to each respective character by their true name.

But am I wrong to assume that Ganon and Ganondorf are one in the same, anyway? If Ganondorf is locked, then why wouldn't Ganon? Ganondorf seems to be the predominant villain of the two these days, with Ganon only getting bit roles like "Beast Ganon" and "Puppet Ganon". If Ganondorf can't free himself, how can Ganon?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Ok, I'll start referring to each respective character by their true name.

But am I wrong to assume that Ganon and Ganondorf are one in the same, anyway? If Ganondorf is locked, then why wouldn't Ganon? Ganondorf seems to be the predominant villain of the two these days, with Ganon only getting bit roles like "Beast Ganon" and "Puppet Ganon". If Ganondorf can't free himself, how can Ganon?

they are generally the same person its just confusing when you say ganon and youre referring to ganondorf.

just because ganondorf, a mere human/gerudo, gets captured/killed/sealed doesnt mean that ganon, the demon, does. i get what youre saying but you also have to look at it in terms of power. ganon is more powerful than ganondorf. ganon is a demon beast while ganondorf is just a human/gerudo who is mortal. ganon is kind of like his immortal counterpart. my beleif is that in WW and in TP its ganondorf who dies. because ganon is a powerful demon and did not show his true demon form, he remains and the ToP remains with his essence. this means that the Gerudo ganondorf is gone, but the demon Ganon is still around. just hid Gerudo body is destroyed but not him, himself.

Chris

It has been awhile...
I believe that Ganondorf may have died, but his immortal form Ganon or his spirit escaped and is being reborn somewhere. How do you think Ganondorf came back in TP, which I believe is one hundred years after OoT...I think. So if Ganondorf came back after he was killed by the master sword, it is obvious that some part of him got away and was reborn.

But if you feel I am incorrect, then tell me what is wrong.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I believe that Ganondorf may have died, but his immortal form Ganon or his spirit escaped and is being reborn somewhere. How do you think Ganondorf came back in TP, which I believe is one hundred years after OoT...I think. So if Ganondorf came back after he was killed by the master sword, it is obvious that some part of him got away and was reborn.

He didn't exactly come back, and he was never killed. He was sealed away in the "Evil Realm" which is believed to be the Sacred Realm corrupted by darkness, because of Ganondorf taking the Triforce. It's become the Dark World, if you will. He said in the end of OoT "One day when this seal is broken, I will exterminate your descendants!" or something like that. Needless to say, the seal was broken on both sides of the timeline, at the same time.

Chris

It has been awhile...
He didn't exactly come back, and he was never killed. He was sealed away in the "Evil Realm" which is believed to be the Sacred Realm corrupted by darkness, because of Ganondorf taking the Triforce. It's become the Dark World, if you will. He said in the end of OoT "One day when this seal is broken, I will exterminate your descendants!" or something like that. Needless to say, the seal was broken on both sides of the timeline, at the same time.

If he never died, then what was that thing at the bottom of the ocean with a master sword in it's head. Also, how did Ganondorf get locked in the seal if he was dead. He had to comeback somehow. I am sure he just created another form of him and used that. Another very unlikely theroy is that the Ganon that Link killed wasn't the real Ganondorf, but a fake or a duplicate incase he lost.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
If he never died, then what was that thing at the bottom of the ocean with a master sword in it's head. Also, how did Ganondorf get locked in the seal if he was dead.

I was referring to Ocarina of Time in that post. He never died in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom