• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is twilight princess worth playing?

tp is an amzing zelda game as al the others...the only problem is yes the wolf....it has a hirrible beginning but once you get the MS and can change from wold to human at will it is actually a really good game...it is definatly not a play more than once zelda game such as oot

Just keep trekking on kid. You'll be back to normal soon, and eventually be able to turn into a wolf at will, which I must say, makes traveling through Hyrule Field much faster.

Basically this, being able to use Wolf Link makes travelling much faster considering you aren't able to call Epona at any time you wish, seeing as you have to be near grass.

I think the reasoning behind including Wolf Link was to add something new to the series, as they don't want the series to grow stale. You stated that you wanted to play a game like Ocarina of Time again, but to be honest, if they kept making their games to be like that then many would get bored of the series very quickly. It adds a whole new aspect to the game as well, which I thought was quite good. I just wish the parts in which you are trapped as a wolf were a little less boring.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
it definitely is a different mechanic but i grew to like it and i think it is worth a play through or even a couple play throughs in my opinion. I guess it really does depend on the person but i think if you love the series then you should give it a shot..heck i still don't like the 3 days timeframe in Majora's Mask and how you lose your rupees, bombs, and arrows when you go back to the first day but still i am playing it because i know i don't want to miss out on another great zelda experience.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
tp is an amzing zelda game as al the others...the only problem is yes the wolf....it has a hirrible beginning but once you get the MS and can change from wold to human at will it is actually a really good game...it is definatly not a play more than once zelda game such as oot
This^
Once you get past all that, it is actually enjoyable. Twilight Princess is an amazing game that is well worth your time.

Moldorm

Is not Error
I remember thinking, "I'm going to be seriously pissed if I have to be a wolf the whole time." I think most of us prefer Link with a sword.

For the record, there are many parts where you're the wolf, but I must admit that they grew on me. Ultimately, I came to the point of not exactly hating playing as the wolf; however, I never fell in love with it either. The wolf form is a primary reason TP is on the lower half of my favorites, but that doesn't make it any less of a Zelda title for me. The story is a good one. If anything, play it to find out what happens. Plus, I enjoyed the overall atmosphere and design of the game.

Bottom line: You have many reasons to keep playing and only one reason to stop.

Epona

Ordon Village
It's an amazing game. I didn't play it until a couple years ago, and I loved it. Some of it scared me, some of it made me tear up, some of it made me really happy. A great mix of emotions accompanies the awesome story of the game. It's worth playing all the way through.

V

Vincentdante

I said the same thing about the boat in Wind Waker when that was released. After Nintendo proved me wrong I decided never to nay say anything in a Zelda game ever again without first trying it lol. Personally when I first turned into a wolf I thought it was pretty awesome. If it was just like ocarina of time I would have hated it personally. Since I already OWN ocarina of time and wanted a NEW Zelda game I liked it. Now bring on Skyward Sword :D

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
The game is excellent, complaining about the wolf is like complaining, about being stuck in deku link form for three days, get through the wolf parts, and get over it. The game is great, and it picks up after the first wolf link phase. It is a game notorious for it's slow start. Trust me, It gets great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom