• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is twilight princess worth playing?

I just bought twilight princess, and it was a game that i was really looking forward to play, but im already a bit disappointed. I really don't know what to say. I guess i was expecting a game similar to ocarina of time, but apparently im playing as a wolf right now?

Last edited:

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
Link's wolf form is really a big change from previous Zelda games like OoT. It took some getting used to for me, but once I got farther along I actually began to really enjoy that part of the game. It's worth a try. If nothing else, you can at least say you played it and beated it:)

I know how you feel. After playing with Wolf Link for about an hour, I became...well, to be frank, bored. But trust me, as the game progresses, you'll begin to enjoy it more. Promise. :)

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Still on the wolf?!? Dude, get in there and play that game, what kind of a Zelda fansite guy are you if you stop 1/8th of the way through a Zelda game. DW, the wolf will go away soon, it may be on of the more dry portions of the game but after that it becomes richly rewarding and the OoT will kick in to full force.

Epona

Ordon Village
It is absolutely worth playing through. There's so much to experience in the game, so why not just play it?

Nicole

luke is my wife
"Expecting a game similar to Ocarina of Time"? Personally, I've never believed Twilight Princess was that much like OoT. Yes, the first three dungeon ideas are recycled (forest, fire, water), but the plot is completely new, the characters are different, and controls (like the wolf) are completely new ideas.

You'll understand more about the wolf form when you get to certain plot points in the game. I won't spoil it, so I suppose you'll have to play it for yourself. :P TP is a really fun, albeit easy, game to play, and I reccomend you at least try it again. It won't take to long to get through the wolf forms, and when/if you do, you'll be glad.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
It is worth playing. The characters are new and fun. The plot is dramatic. Link is also new, a posing as a young ranch worker. Some of the dungeons you may reconize, but they have a new feel. With tons of side quests to keep you busy, and a mysterious main quest, you will have your hands full. I don't want to include any spoilers, so go and play the game yourself. Just remember, nothing is as it seems. It is easy and creative, and will have you engaged the entire timne. HAVE FUN!

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Twilight Princess is definetely worth playing through. A Zelda game doesn't have to be similar to another one to be good. It can introduce a whole new idea (the wolf form) and still be great.
It may be a bit slow in the beginning, but you're really enjoy it as you move through. Don't be one of those annoying people who judge a game before they've played it the whole way through. It'll get better, I promise :)

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
As advice, it's probably a bad idea to compare any new Zelda game to OoT, as OoT was an awesome game in many categories. That could just be me though. To me, OoT was almost revolutionary compared to games before it. Games afterwards have a disadvantage to being initially compared to OoT. So that might just be your problem.

It's defiantly worth playing through. I enjoyed twilight princess, it is one of my favorite Zeldas. I wasn't terribly in love with wolf link, but if you complete that portion of the game, the rest is worth it. (BTW if you are looking for a game like ocarina of time, I'm sorry, but this game is MUCH BETTER)

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
It is worth a play through. If you can push past the first part of the game it becomes really rewarding.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Just keep trekking on kid. You'll be back to normal soon, and eventually be able to turn into a wolf at will, which I must say, makes traveling through Hyrule Field much faster.

The wolf was really a different game mechanic for a Zelda game, but that's one of the things I like about Nintendo. They're always willing to try something new. The wolf form was more fun once you could change back and forth from Link to the wolf.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I wuld really sugest finishing it. It's a really awesome game in its own right and shouldn't be compared to OoT or any other Zelda game. Sure, the first wolf part is boring, but the game gets better as it goes on. Just play it until then and see how good it is for yourself. I don't think you will be dissapointed, because it is a really good game once you give it a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom