• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is This Rare?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
For Christmas, I got a Nindendo 64. It was $60 for the console with a bunch of games, including Majora's Mask. You are probably thinking "Cool, but what's so special?" The thing is, it's in a golden cartridge, and the label is holographic.
I was wondering how special or rare this might be, and if I got it for a good bargain or not. I've never heard of this before.

Last edited:
For Christmas, I got a Nindendo 64. It was $80 for the console with a bunch of games, including Majora's Mask. You are probably thinking "Cool, but what's so special?" The thing is, it's in a golden cartridge, and the label is holographic.
I was wondering how special or rare this might be, and if I got it for a good bargain or not. I've never heard of this before.

If you are talking about the golden cartridge, then I think it's rarer than most games, but not really rare. I have one myself, it just means that you have one of the first copies of the game.

I used to have one.

It was stolen by someone who thought Zelda was "Stupid and Gay".

I am eternally upset at this.

Its cool that you have one though, ^_^

As far as I know, all the MM cartridges are golden. All the ones I have seen were, anyway. I've never paid any attention to the hologram on the label - I've only owned one (still have and play it yay) and it's holographic like that - so I assumed they all were. Guess I was wrong.

P

PiKn1ght314

Hey, that's cool; I didn't know it was slightly rarer. I got a holographic one from an exchange shop. It was worth that $18. :)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I don't know about the "newer" Zelda games but I've heard several times that when it comes to the original LoZ NES cartridge, the grey one is actually rarer and more expensive to get nowadays. I don't know if this applies to the newer games though.

Jedizora

:right:
Yaeh, with the holograchic it costs more. Oh, and The LOZ gray cart costs more then the gold. does this also apply to Alttp cartriges?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yaeh, with the holograchic it costs more. Oh, and The LOZ gray cart costs more then the gold. does this also apply to Alttp cartriges?
Well I've only seen grey LttP carts yet, I don't even know if golden ones have ever been made (at least here in Europe)

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Okay, I have a pic of the cartridge itself. Don't criticize me for bad quality, it was taken with the scanner on my printer, which doesn't handle holographic images very well.

MM%20holo%20gold.JPG

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
There's two versions of the Golden cartridge of MM. One has the holographic image on it like yours does and the other has just a normal sticker. The holographic one is more rare than the other one is. As for there being gray cartridge versions of MM I'm not sure. I haven't recalled seeing any.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The holographic cartridge is the one that I have. I got it on the release date back in 2000.

Din Akera

Sniper
There's two versions of the Golden cartridge of MM. One has the holographic image on it like yours does and the other has just a normal sticker. The holographic one is more rare than the other one is. As for there being gray cartridge versions of MM I'm not sure. I haven't recalled seeing any.

Srsly?! I had no idea! I thought most of them had a hologram. I have a rare one and didn't even know it!

Okay, Majoras Mask was only in gold carts, no grays. And the holo cart isn't rare, I've actuelly only came across a 1 sticker one before, but lots of holos. I myself own 2 holos and 1 sticker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom