• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Is This Game Non-linear?

Salem

SICK
It seems like it, doesn't it?

In adventure mode, it said that every grid you beat in that Zelda 1 map unlocks the grids besides it, so does that mean you can explore the world in whatever way you want?

I also read somewhere that you can choose which worlds you can do in any order or something based on which characters you chose.

Actually I'm confused about these things, so can anyone help me put here?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You have to complete the first three missions in a certain order then you get three options after that for which to do next and you can do those in any order, beyond that i don't know.

From what I read it's a lot like Starcraft 2.

You do a few initial missions. Then it splits into 3 separate mini storylines. One for each of the Ocarina, TP and SS areas. You can progress within each story line linearly, but you can do each area in any order, even do part of one area's missions then come back to another. Once all 3 areas are done you have a few linear missions at the end. I read that's how it is, but I can't vouch on the accuracy of that, but ti sounds plausible.

And for adventure mode you what you say is correct but you have to be able to walk to the next screen you want to do. Just like in Zelda 1 mountains, rivers, trees etc etc prevent you from taking the most direct path to a square. You have to follow the map to get there. But in essence you are free to explore the map in almost any order you want. That's how I understood it from the adventure mode leaks I've heard/read.

I'm not sure if the villain story mode will be linear or not. I've heard nothing about that one.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You do a few initial missions. Then it splits into 3 separate mini storylines. One for each of the Ocarina, TP and SS areas. You can progress within each story line linearly, but you can do each area in any order, even do part of one area's missions then come back to another. Once all 3 areas are done you have a few linear missions at the end. I read that's how it is, but I can't vouch on the accuracy of that, but ti sounds plausible.

Yeah, that's accurate. I watched a playthrough of the game on youtube, and it was pretty much like that. There's a part with three separate mini arcs which you can do in any order. As for the villain story mode...

The villain story mode, I believe, is part of the main story line where you play as Ganondorf for three levels, and that is linear. That's what I saw in the playthrough. I'm not completely sure if that was the villain storyline, but it probably was, considering you play as Ganondorf to fight the main heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom