• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is this evidence of a timeline spot?

Amazon Japan has their collectors edition available.

If you look at what it includes, you see a map with locations written in english that you can zoom in on. Im not sure if you can do that with the other products, but I checked and you cant see the full map on those.

But in this picture, you see locations: Eldin, Lanaryu, Faron, and other ones written as well. But those 3 are familiar, from TP.

Check for yourself:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/ゼルダの伝説-ブレス...484960638&sr=8-20&keywords=breath+of+the+wild

This may be evidence that BOTW is on the Child timeline years after TP! Maybe before FSA?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
First of all; I WANT THAT MAP, and so glad to be able to look at an English version
Now I consider this a maybe, because the "Lanayru", "Eldin", and "Faron" names only appear in TP and SS as far as I remember. This could be a start of a trend where those names only appear in the child, and unified timeline, but again only two games do this so far. If BotW ends up in either of these timelines, it would be worth noting this trend.
Also I want to make note of the names of some of the regions; Hebra, Altum, and what looks like Necluda?

I suppose it's possible, but keep in mind that the land was divided into provinces (Faron, Eldin and Lanayru) in Skyward Sword as well. Seeing as Skyward Sword is before the timeline split, I'm sorry to say I don't really think this proves anything.

But Hebra's Hill is in Four Swords Adventures. Which makes me consider it may be part of that timeline.

Not sure about Necluda and Atlun.

The maps almost look pretty similiar too,
oh65b7.jpg

24uxbfr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
But Hebra's Hill is in Four Swords Adventures. Which makes me consider it may be part of that timeline.

Not sure about Necluda and Atlun.

The maps almost look pretty similiar too,
oh65b7.jpg

BoTW was supposed to be connected to TP according to Aounuma so would have to really be in the unified or child timeline.

If it is child timeline it would have to be after TP and probably FSA as well so that could explain the presence of an area calrd Hebra.

I suppose it's possible, but keep in mind that the land was divided into provinces (Faron, Eldin and Lanayru) in Skyward Sword as well. Seeing as Skyward Sword is before the timeline split, I'm sorry to say I don't really think this proves anything.

Yeah, I totally agree. Unfortunately it doesn't really prove anything. I think BOTW most likely takes place in the fallen hero timeline. With the master sword and all being located in the Lost Woods.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I don't see how the map looks anything like the one in FSA. The two look completely different to me. BotW's map looks a lot more like OoT's map merged with SS's map and TP's map, with the OoT map traits being the most dominate. Also, don't forget that Hebra Hill is also in ALttP and ALBW as Hebra's incarnation of Death Mountain. So it's possible that Hebra is where FSA, ALttP, and ALBW take place. And I know that TLoZ's map is also Hebra's incarnation of Hyrule, just rotated counterclockwise, laying on it's rightside.

Also, it's worth noting that the provinces are, Hebra, Central Hyrule, Altum (not Altun), Eldin, Lanayru, Necluda, and Faron. There is also no sign of Lataon AKA Ordona. Which further lead me to believe that this game is definitely before TP. And since it can't be placed in between MM and TP, then it has to be before OoT, before the split.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Also, it's worth noting that the provinces are, Hebra, Central Hyrule, Altum (not Altun), Eldin, Lanayru, Necluda, and Faron. There is also no sign of Lataon AKA Ordona. Which further lead me to believe that this game is definitely before TP. And since it can't be placed in between MM and TP, then it has to be before OoT, before the split.

I'm still trying to come up with my own placement so I'm just forming together everyone else's theory...just a question.
In the newest trailer when the woman talking says (paraphrasing) that calamity Ganon has been a part of Hyrule's history, how does that line fit in with a pre-OoT placement for you?
The other day I believe you had your theory after OoT...now I see it before. Just curious. Thanks!

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I'm still trying to come up with my own placement so I'm just forming together everyone else's theory...just a question.
In the newest trailer when the woman talking says (paraphrasing) that calamity Ganon has been a part of Hyrule's history, how does that line fit in with a pre-OoT placement for you?
The other day I believe you had your theory after OoT...now I see it before. Just curious. Thanks!

I believe the woman may be telling the events of BotW to someone. So I'd that the moment when the woman is talking takes place in the future in one of the timelines after the split. Not sure which one though. I know now, that the past era of BotW definitely has to be before OoT. So it may be possible that the present era takes in a different timeline. Perhaps we will see another timeline split?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Ganon is described by either one of the Monks or the Old man (can remember which) as the ancient enemy of Hylia.

Although known as Demise in Skyward Sword and the war which took place prior, it is the same entity that is referred to as Ganon later on.

Though in the past it may have been unclear. The Japanese games are less ambiguous and now BoTW's english version confirms that Ganon is Demise and therefore has been plaguing Hyrule since even before SS. After a time the name Demise must to have come into disuse and the Demon King was then referred to as Ganon only. Therefore BoTW taking place before OOT would still work as Ganon is still considered part of Hyrules history.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I believe the woman may be telling the events of BotW to someone. So I'd that the moment when the woman is talking takes place in the future in one of the timelines after the split. Not sure which one though. I know now, that the past era of BotW definitely has to be before OoT. So it may be possible that the present era takes in a different timeline. Perhaps we will see another timeline split?

Ganon is described by either one of the Monks or the Old man (can remember which) as the ancient enemy of Hylia.

Although known as Demise in Skyward Sword and the war which took place prior, it is the same entity that is referred to as Ganon later on.

Though in the past it may have been unclear. The Japanese games are less ambiguous and now BoTW's english version confirms that Ganon is Demise and therefore has been plaguing Hyrule since even before SS. After a time the name Demise must to have come into disuse and the Demon King was then referred to as Ganon only. Therefore BoTW taking place before OOT would still work as Ganon is still considered part of Hyrules history.

Yeah. It makes perfect sense to me. The Hero's spirit is reborn in Link over and over. Hylia is reborn is Zelda over and over. Demise' spirit/evil / hate for Hylia is also reborn, in Ganon. Thinking about that makes perfect sense and yeah, I could see how the women speaking could fit in with that placement.
Dang. I...don't know what to think but I am starting to lean towards ^ that above. The "flashback" or w/e being before OoT and then the rest of the game after.....
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom