• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is This Anyone Else's First Zelda on the Wii?

I know a lot of people consider Twilight Princess to be a Wii Game . . . but it's not. Twilight Princess was made for Gamecube, and I think stupidly put onto the Wii as well. Anyways, I've only ever played TP on the Gamecube, and that being said, I've never played a Zelda game on the Wii. Is this the case for anyone else? It only gets me more excited for Skyward Sword because I know I haven't had the experience of a Wii Zelda, I've never played with right-handed Link either, which will certainly be strange at first! I'm just curious to see if this is anyone else's first go with a Zelda game on the Wii, and does that make you all the more excited? For people who have played TP on the Wii, do you think playing Skyward Sword will even feel like being on the same system (with the new controls, art style, etc)? Share your thoughts!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This'll be my first complete Zelda game on the Wii. I've played TP on Wii, but only for a couple of minutes. I don't even count that as playing, as I was in frozen Lake Hylia as Wolf LInk

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I enjoy playing my GC version of Twilight Princess on the Wii over my Gamecube, for some reason. So I'd count that as my first Zelda for Wii. Otherwise, I also played the TP for Wii a couple of minutes as well, but enjoy the unmirrored version a lot more.

HIN KILLER

Beaten every Zelda
I got both versions of the game cause I collect them all. I beat it on both platforms and yet the controls for TP on Wii was quite lacking and so I am super excited to play a real Zelda made for Wii.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I know a lot of people consider Twilight Princess to be a Wii Game . . . but it's not. Twilight Princess was made for Gamecube, and I think stupidly put onto the Wii as well.
I don't think it's a wii game as such as it had GC graphics and just wiimote waggling to substitute the B button, but I think putting it on the wii was not stupid at all. It was a very smart decision, The wii version sold allot more copies than the GC version.The Gamecube was a poor console saleswise, if TP had not come out on the Wii, Nintendo would have not made the millions it has made. That would have meant less money for other projects such as Skyward Sword.

Last edited:
I have LoZ and AoL on VC on my Wii because I am having trouble finding a working NES since mine is way to fussy. I have the Wii version of TP which I played and I played WW on my Wii, my gf gave me hers since I never had a GC so I play a lot of GC games on Wii. So no not my first.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Then it's the first Zelda game on the Wii for everybody.. Didn't you say that TP doesn't count?
whatever MindF.. right there :P

But no.. I've played other Zelda games ont he Virtual Console and even TP.. Although TP is more fun to play on the Cube since you can clearly feel it was made for the GC.. :)

But I guess it'll be everybodys first Zelda game that utilizes the motion plus controls.

Nope. My first Zelda game on the Wii was TP. I've never actually played the GCN version, but I felt the waggling of the Wiimote to be really stupid. I am, however, excited for SS's motion plus controls.

:Zelda:Druggie: said:
Twilight Princess was made for Gamecube, and I think stupidly put onto the Wii as well.

To correct you, Twilight Princess was originally intended for the GameCube but was later delayed so they could release it on the new Wii. It actually came out on the Wii before GameCube and it wasn't just stupidly put into two systems. They already made two games with minor adjustments so, why put the other game to waste?

~~~​

Also, this would be second game on the Wii, as I've played Twilight Princess and beaten it 100%. I am looking forward to playing the last Zelda game for the Wii and can't wait until November 20th.

Beeker

Wild Card
I played Twilight Princess on the GC once...though the version I own is the Wii one. So no, this will not be my first Wii Zelda game. But I think for most of us, even those like me who have played one on the Wii, this one will be quite different, and will still be some sort of first with the new controls.

I played Tp on the wii and have finished the Gamecube version. Ss in my eyes is the first Zelda game for the wii since Tp is orginally for the Gamecube console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom