• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Is This Actually Official?

for a while now i've been reading from either a certain source, or a post someone makes, it's about that knight that teaches you the hidden skills is it really officially Link from OOT? i mean i would understand why it would be a Link of the past but recently i had the feeling hat it's actually the Link from the first two Zelda games well correct me if i'm wrong but Link's awakening could be third on this list, why? because in the second game that Link learns the down thrust, and in Link's Awakening he can stun enemies with his shield, and what does the knight teach Link in TP? the down thrust and the shield stun, yea it has a different names but they're essentially the same attack and OOT Link never did the down thrust not even in MM and i don't remember a time where you can stun an enemy with your shield in either of those two, and come to think of it there aren't any moves the knight teaches you that's either from MM or OOT because you already begin with those abilities

Well, maybe learns the Link from OOT those moves later, after the game events takes place.
Okay, it isnt official, bot its very obvious.

i still don't see it to be honest, when it comes down to it it could have been any Link before TP Link

Ganondork

goo
I always believed that was OoT Link. Now, like RHylian said, he may have learned these moves later on after his two adventures. He may have learned them just by pondering it or by someone else teaching him. I really don't have too great of knowledge in LoZ or AoL, but I always thought that it had to be OoT Link. Another thing, as Azure Sage in another discussion, the shade said the pronoun our, not your. We have absolutely zero evidence that either LoZ Link or AoL Link had children, but in OoT, our hero had a few potential women. MM too.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
It's not official, but it's generally excepted. Mainly because of the resemblance to the MM Mirror Shield and Gilded Sword (although I never saw the Gilded Sword connection) plus his whole "These techniques have never left our bloodline thing".

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
It is not official it is only a theory. This theory is based off two facts. First that the sword and the shield he holds are almost exactly identical to those from MM Link. Second, he later says to you
"Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regrets. You who have marched through countless foes, each mightier than the last... You, who now gaze to the future with vision unclouded... Surely you can restore Hyrule to its stature of yore as the chosen land of the gods... Farewell!... Go and do not falter, my child!"

Implying that he was once a hero and that he knows of the famous green clothes. This along with the other facts give a very strongly backed theory that he is MM Link.

People also speculate this happened once MM Link left Termina most likely becoming lost in the Lost Woods in which he would become a stalfo.

It is not official it is only a theory. This theory is based off two facts. First that the sword and the shield he holds are almost exactly identical to those from MM Link. Second, he later says to you
"Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regrets. You who have marched through countless foes, each mightier than the last... You, who now gaze to the future with vision unclouded... Surely you can restore Hyrule to its stature of yore as the chosen land of the gods... Farewell!... Go and do not falter, my child!"

Implying that he was once a hero and that he knows of the famous green clothes. This along with the other facts give a very strongly backed theory that he is MM Link.

People also speculate this happened once MM Link left Termina most likely becoming lost in the Lost Woods in which he would become a stalfo.

hm, i'll hae to take a good look at the sword and sheild next time i start playing, but let me ask you this, is MM really supposed to be the most recent story before TP? cause i understand there's a bit of a theory about which Link comes first and which comes last, and to be honest i always felt that TP Link comes from the Link from the first few Zelda games because that Link had brown hair, and in the beginnning of TP before he gets his tunik he has brown hair so i assumed he was born with the brown hair so i always felt that was a resemblence

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This is not official, nor do I think that the Hero's Shade is Ocarina of Time Link. He does hint that there could be a direct father-son relationship between the two, but I still do not believe there is enough evidence to prove that.

I think that the Hero's Shade is Minish Cap Link. We are not told whether Minish Cap Link and Twilight Princess Link are related or not, but they do not necessarily need to be in order for the special moves to be taught. I believe it is Minish Cap Link because in the Minish Cap, Link is taught several techniques throughout the game, so perhaps, he decided to pass on his learnings to the new hero. Furthermore, I place Minish Cap before the split occurs, so this strengthens my argument.

There is a chance that the Hero's Shade is Link from Skyward Sword. We know very little of the game as of now, so not much can be said here. However, I notice than when you encounter the Golden Wolf, he takes you to a cloudy land, which could be Skyloft. But then again, it could just be a symbol of heaven, stating that Hero's Shade is dead and has gone to heaven.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It has never been outright stated, but it is heavily implied. Don't believe the sword and shield argument; I can tell you right now that they look nothing alike. I included images in my blog post on the subject. (may contain some spoilers for OoT, MM, and TP. I also describe more evidence for the connection to OoT Link.)

It can't be LoZ/AoL Link because they can't come before TP. The reasons for this have to do with the Triforce, Ganon, original intent, ...I can explain the details if you like but you don't seem to be too interested in timeline theory.

fisharox

Black Ops is my life
[..I can explain the details if you like but you don't seem to be too interested in timeline theory. ]
i am interested in how this would work because i beleived that LoZ/AoL Link had come before Tp link. Please explain.

[..I can explain the details if you like but you don't seem to be too interested in timeline theory. ]
i am interested in how this would work because i beleived that LoZ/AoL Link had come before Tp link. Please explain.

i always thought that Link came before as well because Link begins with brown hair in TP something that only Link of LOZ, AOL, ect. had

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
One thing I want to point out is that Twilight Princess is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time. No "if's and's" or "but's" about it. It says in game and it is heavily implied for you to know that. I always believed that it happened after MM, but it is definitely a sequel to OoT.

Now, to answer your question, no it is not official. Do I believe he is the hero of time? I believe he could be but I'm still on the fence. I believe if we debate about it long enough, Nintendo could come out and tell us that it really is him, even if they didn't intend for it to be him when they made the game.

Now as far as the moves conflict, wouldn't call that decent proof that he isn't the Hero of Time. I'm pretty sure Nintendo was limited in the moves they could give Link when making the game. Also, they may not have thought to give 3D Link these moves. To many, "they could have..." theories with that one. After all, Link did have the final blow in Super Smash and he was OoT Link.

Though I disagree with PT in that Hero Shade is MC Link, I too thought that maybe it could be SS Link. I'm convinced that the City in the Sky in TP was to throw hints for fans to prepare for the next Zelda game. Hero's Shade could have also been one of those hints.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Referring to your part in your post about SSMB Link you forgot to mention Nintendo may have put those move in making reference to the game AoL

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
One thing I want to point out is that Twilight Princess is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time. No "if's and's" or "but's" about it. It says in game and it is heavily implied for you to know that. I always believed that it happened after MM, but it is definitely a sequel to OoT.

Could you please post where it says in game that it is a direct sequel to OoT. Also where it says that Miyamoto changed his mind and said MM is not a direct sequel? Yeah. I always believed it was OoT Link, but I feel like it could very easily be SS link. One thing I noticed is that the symbol on the hero's shade's shield is similar to the sky writing, so if City in the Sky is supposed to be a broken down Skyloft, that would definitely point in that direction. I don't agree that OoT link got lost in the lost woods and became a Stalfos though. If he did, then why would he have a grave in Hyrule Castle. (I know it doesn't directly state that it's him, but it's heavily implied.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom