• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is This a Zora?

I know, but couldn't it be that the Zoras have been redesigned and that this is the result?
The Zoras have been evolved before into Rutos, so this squid forme could be the same evolution, onlt then backwards ofcourse.

Zora squids (SS) --> Zora human-like (OOT) --> windwakers Rutos.

Last edited:
I'm thinking they're ancestors of the Zoras. It looks like that creature is in a place very similar to Zora's Domain, and it has a similar basic body structure. We've had the Zoras in every console Zelda since Ocarina (Rito in WW) along with the Gorons so I don't see a reason for that to stop now.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Maybe a pre-evolution state of the Zora's, before they actually become them. If so I'm sure we'll see some similar qualities, such as sounds.

just a picture to show what we are talking about, it doesn't look much like Zora to me, but we'll wait and see

Last edited:
this does look a lot like the new race that looks like an umbrella that was in the shot at the games opening...

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I really don't think it's a Zora. I mean, even though evolution can play a huge part in their species and what their physical features are, this fish blob seems to be a new and different race, just like the Mogma and Gorons.

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
@Katelynn: Yeah, but we didn't see Zoras yet. Therefore it could really be a pre-evolution. And we only see 6 different races in the intro video and no one of these looks like the Zora race.

Ah, I should learn to count. 5 Races only.

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
To me it appears as a freshwater mollusk, something that is totally separate from everything we know to be a Zora today. I cannot see just how the two could be related. Besides there are a number of various separate species that share similar locations. Kokiri and Deku scrubs live in the forest, Gerudo, and Zuna live in the desert, Anouki and Yook live in the icy regions, so why not have another water species that is separate from Zora?

Every time I look at them, I see many more similarities to octoroks than anything else. Only this creature is a little less monsterish and looks a bit more like a real world animal. Possibly some good version apart from all the other various kinds of octos that attack Link any time they get the chance.

M

Miguel Fernando

Maybe is a Zora but that creature is member of one of the race that appers in the intro of de Game, the umbrela like

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The evolution of Zora to Rito can be seen easily- their noses become beaks, their skin becomes more mammalian-like, and they grow hair. They're still both humanoid. I don't think this is a pre-evolutionary Zora.

I'm kind of confused as to why the immediate response upon seeing new race is to proclaim it to be an evolution of another one. Can't Nintendo just use a different line-up?

The evolution of Zora to Rito can be seen easily- their noses become beaks, their skin becomes more mammalian-like, and they grow hair. They're still both humanoid. I don't think this is a pre-evolutionary Zora.

They don't grow hair.... they grow feathers.. they're a bird people...

Vibed

must read before he posts
My god what a freak of nature.

It looks like a cross between coral and a jellyfish. Besides living in water, you'd have to try really hard to convince me that's a Zora or even a pre-evolutionary form.

But Zoras have to be in the game!/denial

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom