• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is there anyone you look up to or idolise?

Do you idolise anyone?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I saw this question being asked to a member in another thread and I thought it would be a good idea if it got a thread of its own to allow all forum members a chance to answer it.

So the question is: Do any of you have someone you look up to or idolise? What traits in them do you admire?

Oh and let's make this not only for real people but for fictional characters as well.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
My fencing coach is a very smart fella.

His college degree was in Psychology, so he messes with our minds a lot, and that has kinda rubbed off on me a bit.

Great guy. I totally idolize him

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, when I was younger, I used to look up to Bill Gates. In a way, he's like a more ambitious and intelligent version of me. He's a nerd that enjoys building, maneuvering, and planning on a large scale. I used to dream about running a company like Microsoft some day, and always thought I would have the last laugh when my more athletic peers found that they peaked in high school.

Things didn't work out that way, though. And ultimately, it can be too hard to live up to the sort of people you tend to want to emulate.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Woah! YIGAhim has a fencing coach???? so cool

I guess I've never really seen the point in idolizing anything really, much less people. Idols are all the best parts of a person and throw in some of the good stuff we imagine them having for good measure. Then if you ever actually knew the person you were idolizing it will paint a very different picture. Plus, there's something to be said about living one's life vicariously through someone else. I think it's good to point out the best aspects of any individual and say "I want to embody that!" But to idolize the whole is rather superfluous to me. We are, after all, simple beings except for Chuck Norris and God Emperor Trump.

Reactions: Dio
D

Deleted member 14134

Woah! YIGAhim has a fencing coach???? so cool

I guess I've never really seen the point in idolizing anything really, much less people. Idols are all the best parts of a person and throw in some of the good stuff we imagine them having for good measure. Then if you ever actually knew the person you were idolizing it will paint a very different picture. Plus, there's something to be said about living one's life vicariously through someone else. I think it's good to point out the best aspects of any individual and say "I want to embody that!" But to idolize the whole is rather superfluous to me. We are, after all, simple beings except for Chuck Norris and God Emperor Trump.
:(

funnier6

Courage~
Not really, though I had a very amazing teacher once who I want to be like as much as possible, probably the most amazing person I have ever met.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Not sure if anyone has heard of her but Victoria Stillwell. She is exact how I want to be with dogs. I've read all her books and watched her shows and she makes me keep studying even when the modules get harder

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was playing in the arcade recently and thought to myself "god damn, I wish I was a champion of something like that Bok character". I mean, Snake Champion, Tetris Champion, and Asteroids Champion? I idolise @Bok of the Wild.

Other than that, not a whole lot. I am the oldest child in my family and have never been very close to my extended family. My parents are really caring and great but the direction of their life is very different to the direction I intend to take, so there is limited aspects of them I can really look to. I want to become someone a younger version of myself could idolise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom