• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is there anybody you truly trust?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Is there anyone you trust 100% and feel you could tell them anything? I know some people seem to place their trust in many individuals and from my observation this practice can be dangerous. Generally I am quite mistrustful of people. I give information usually on a need to know basis and am pretty secretive. I think there is only two people I'd actually trust with pretty much anything. I know too much about them so they would unlikely betray me.

So are you quite a trusting person and confide in many others or do you generally keep the number of trusted individuals low? Also have you ever experienced a betrayal of trust from those you thought were your friends but actually turned out not to be?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My parents and siblings. I dont trust them with literally everything, but trust isnt so ****le like that. I believe in them. They will do the rught thing. I also trust my coworkers. And my friends. And @Jamie @Dan :]

Trust does not mean everyone will do right by you. Trust means in any given situation you'll know how they will react. You can trust someone will always do the right thing. Also conversly you can trust someone will always do the wrong thing.

There is a few people I personally trust and are great amazing friends to me.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'd have to say.... no, not entirely. There are friends I trust a great deal. But there are always things that I feel I can't say to certain ones. Or that I think they will take far too long to respond, if they do at all. There are some family members I trust way more than others, but still don't think I can fully trust them.
I have been betrayed many times. People I have trusted closely did some pretty horrible things. And my reputation has taken permanent damage from each of them. A lot of you here who might not totally like me have actually been influenced by these people spreading misinformation about me though you might not be aware that they are the source. My crazy ex is the biggest one. Among all sorts of crazy things she did, she went around to a lot of people here, at ZD, spreading nasty rumors about me and still does today, after years, and pokes around and does it again from time to time, as recently as about a couple months ago. People like to assume the worst in others, so when they hear these negative things, it spreads. And they start to expect negative reactions from the people they heard it about, and treat them more harshly, or even violently, as a result. Then when they get a bad reaction from that, they assume what they heard must be confirmed. And that's how stuff like that spreads. It's happened to others here. Though they probably don't all have a psychotic stalker hanging around here.
So yeah, I find it really hard to trust anyone at all. So if I have entrusted you with stuff, take a minute to realize how difficult that must have been to me, and try to be a little more responsive and not ignore something for days, or weeks.

Reactions: Dio

Misty

Ronin
It's time for another Needlessly Complex Answer Sesh with Me!

It all depends on how we're defining this trust. I personally assume that it would require not only the feeling I could tell a person anything, but that they would understand and their support/feedback would be useful to me and not make things worse. (I also think I feel like the people need to have time for it.) By that definition, I would say no, there isn't anyone I 100% trust. But there are a few people who are really close to fitting that definition.

My parents for example are at like a 90%. They aren't too useful with stuff that concerns family problems and they often make things worse in terms of advice for big scope life by attempting to live through me. They're also kinda getting to be extreme conspiracy theorists so when I try to talk with them about big picture life decisions like jobs or money or things of that nature it doesn't really help to hear "we're in the end of times so don't really worry about that stuff." I suppose it does take the pressure of being successful off slightly.

My younger brother is super supportive and loving, but he's also 12...so his ability to be useful yet is limited because I won't tell him my more adult problems as that wouldn't be appropriate.

My elder brother is super supportive and loving, but due to a recent betrayal I've had to put him at the 90% mark of trust. I'll tell him about problems here and there, but in general I'd say things have gone a bit colder.

My two girlfriends I've known since we were born also rank in around 90%. The problem with full trust being they don't know all of the ugly and stupid decisions I've made and also are two years younger which has turned out to be a rather wide gap. Like trying to talk about anxiety about the future is difficult with people still in college because adulthood isn't real to them yet.

As far as internet friends go, I wouldn't say I trust any of them past 75%, and in many cases lower than that. That has less to do with them and more to do with the fact in many cases their feedback wouldn't be useful or their support would feel flimsy at best or I don't feel like I can tell them everything because I know they wouldn't understand. In the case of two people, their support, feedback, and understanding is there, but they just are too busy.

Reactions: Dio
I literally only trust like several members here.
Trust does not mean everyone will do right by you. Trust means in any given situation you'll know how they will react. You can trust someone will always do the right thing. Also conversly you can trust someone will always do the wrong thing.

There is a few people I personally trust and are great amazing friends to me.
But by this definition I trust pretty much everyone :/

D

Deleted member 81859

Browen. My parents. My best friend.

That's pretty much it.

I don't like letting other people get too close to me. I might give them bits and pieces, but after my school experiences I'll never trust again. Also, people end up trusting me with all their secrets and I don't want to burden them the way they burden me.

Feverish

Source of stink
Not at all. I'm fully prepared for every friend I have to leave me behind and hate me, and the only real "secrets" I've told people are a couple kinks I have because I thought it'd be funny (and it was.) There's a ton of stuff about me and things I think about that I tell no one

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope, I've learned the hard way. I've been betrayed in ways I won't wish upon anybody to happen. So I swallow my tongue and only talk to a handful of people. Average stuff, fine. But the deeper stuff, only a handful of people. Not many know the real me and even though I act nice to people, my heart is closed. Because I have been through so much both online and in real life, I hardly show people the real me. I guess only 2 people online know the real me.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
Yes. I've three people whom I would trust under any circumstance that I've at least endured to date. I realise it's precious and rare to have even one, but to have three is more than a blessing. My loyalty to these people is absolute.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I'm not sure if I have anyone I trust completely. I have a few friends and my family whom I trust greatly, but there are still some things I wouldn't feel safe telling them. I'm sure they'd accept me no matter what, but I still like to keep some things personal. Other than those people, I don't really trust many. You can never tell what a person's true intentions are, so I stay fairly private and introverted.

I'd like to trust people but everybody has this idea that trust will end up hurting you in the long run so I end up trying not to trust somebody for my own good

Feverish

Source of stink
I'd like to trust people but everybody has this idea that trust will end up hurting you in the long run so I end up trying not to trust somebody for my own good
You can trust people, just don't go flaunt really personal things around to people you've known for only a few months. The way I see it, only tell personal secrets and thoughts to someone that told personal secrets and thoughts to you, they're less likely to give you the finger. That's just me though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom