• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is there any way to increase the blood moon appearing rate?

dtc

And also i have heard there is a bug that can trigger blood moons at random times, even during the day. How can you do that?

And also i have heard there is a bug that can trigger blood moons at random times, even during the day. How can you do that?
By trying to crash the game, Blood Moons at random times are a sign that the game is about to crash, or at the very least, very unstable.

The best thing you can do is just wait around until Blood Moon comes around. Though I tend to usually get more blood moons the more I collect every single thing I come across.

dtc

By trying to crash the game, Blood Moons at random times are a sign that the game is about to crash, or at the very least, very unstable.

The best thing you can do is just wait around until Blood Moon comes around. Though I tend to usually get more blood moons the more I collect every single thing I come across.
Does the guy in a stable (i dont rememeber which one) who talks about blood moons have any influence in the appeareance?

From my experience, I've learned it is normally impossible to encounter a Blood Moon on the Great Plateau before you get the Paraglider.

dtc

According to this website:
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Blood_Moon

Blood moons are an in-game way of having the system clear it's cache of long term memory relating to the overworld. Long term memory is responsible for remembering which items you've picked up, which enemies you've defeated, basically anything that the blood moon resets. One occurs naturally after three real world hours of the game running, but you can overload it and force one to come earlier by doing lots of stuff basically. Pick up lots of weapons, defeat lots of enemies and get lots of resources.
and can you exploit that by constantly droping and collecting something

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
depends on what you want the blood moon for
teleporting at 11:59 ingame causes the blood moon to disappear, but spending the night in a shrine will postpone the blood moon for another day. So if you need to get to the blood moon shrine, warp to a nearby shrine and wait for midnight to pass while inside.
Otherwise if you go around killing enemies eventually an emergency blood moon can trigger, but that can be skipped too. At some point, certain enemies and items simply respawn without a blood moon if enough of them are removed from the overworld.

Reactions: dtc

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
No what you're thinking of is the false blood moon which can occur anytime and any place it's not a real bloodmoon.
As noted above it's basically a cache clearing, like clearing cookies off the comp, the only way i've found to "speed" it up is to kill off the boss class enemies or clear a large swathe of area of monsters.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What Jiro said. I tried it out myself. I didn't fight any enemies and just went to the Dueling Peak stable and talked to Hino (thyat's the guy you're talking about ;) ). But nope. I waited by the fire and in game weeks passed but no blood moon. Then I fought a large amount of enemies and yep. Blood moon happens

dtc

well guess ill wait till a blood moon appears, then i will teleport to a shrine near to the blood moon shrine, spend the night in it and next day go to the quest shrine.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
well guess ill wait till a blood moon appears, then i will teleport to a shrine near to the blood moon shrine, spend the night in it and next day go to the quest shrine.

Ah the Washa Bluff shrine the only one that still annoys me routinely. If you head to the labrynth in north Akkala and clear it theres a spot in front of the shrine there you can drop down, if you turn magnesis on (and own the DLC) you can find a chest at the back of the room behind the central chest inside is the teleportation rune which lets you plop a warp point down at links current position, damn handy for the blood moon shrine or if you want to get surfing down hebra.

dtc

Ah the Washa Bluff shrine the only one that still annoys me routinely. If you head to the labrynth in north Akkala and clear it theres a spot in front of the shrine there you can drop down, if you turn magnesis on (and own the DLC) you can find a chest a t the back of the room behind the central chest inside is the teleportation rune which lets you plop a warp point down at links current position, damn handy for the blood moon shrine or if you want to get surfing down hebra.
i havent the dlc :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom