• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is There Any Chance That Link Will Fly in the Next Console Zelda

E

ed15551

Ok, Eiji Aonuma sat down with some british media people giving some hints that in the next Zelda console game, Link might be able to fly. Now this could be false information, but I'm just wondering if this by chance be a turning point for Zelda. I want to know if you guys think that this will accually happen and what you think the controls will be for the flying mode.

Personally, I think that this could be a very true statement, and that the controls will require the use of both the wii mote and nunchuk with the ballance board. what you will do is use the wii mote and nunchuk to flap your wings (or what ever Link uses to fly) and the ballance board to turn. Now this is what I think what the controls will be and are not offical, but we can guess cant we

I got this information off of twitter,

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
It would be a very weird concept to see Link flying. But there was talk that this game will have a fresh feel in terms of the Zelda formula, this might be the start of the sense of the new formula.

Interesting

Well, flight controls, if this does happen, can be like Blazing Angels. In Blazing Angels, the default control setting had it to where all you had to do to control the plane was tilt the Nunchuck whichever direction you wanted to go. It could be like that, but I seriously doubt link will fly.

E

ed15551

Well, flight controls, if this does happen, can be like Blazing Angels. In Blazing Angels, the default control setting had it to where all you had to do to control the plane was tilt the Nunchuck whichever direction you wanted to go. It could be like that, but I seriously doubt link will fly.

There are some major hints from Eiji Aonuma that Link will fly. You can read the entire article here http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13703

Look, it's Link and he is flying.

230.PNG

I guess people forget about this game.

Oh and look, here's Link flying again.

068.png

E

ed15551

Oh yeah I forgot about Minish Cap...My Bad...................Random dots for character limit...dont know why they have that

Ikana

Trollkastel
They could add the Rocs Cape in the game.It would be cool if they did.I don't see link flying any other way.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Well I would find it ok on a 2D Zelda game maybe for the DS, but on a3d home console There is a problem.

This really depends on the means of flight. See how in 3D Zelda you are in a 3rd person view behind Link. If Link were to sprout wings, when moving his feet would face the player. Link wears a tunic. I'm not sure how to phrase it but I'm sure you can make sense of the problem I'm seeing.

Link could stand up while riding a mechanical object. It could be like the spinner with wings. The problem with this is that some real life logic has to apply here. Link wouldn't be able to go at much of an angle without falling off the board. Unless they can find a good reason Link could even stay on the board. Sorry Hylian Heros, no backflips or barrel rolls for you.

Link could ride a magical beast. Now if this beast can just be called upon that would defeat the purpose of Epona and what would be the purpose of flying. Unless there is like a Hyrule in the sky there wouldn't be a purpose at all. Hmmm what an interesting idea for a second quest. Sorry I got off topic there. Epona could get wings herself but unlike most of other Links assets Epona is not portable. If there was a heavy use of flying it would need to be in large places where she could fit. Also if Link dismounted (is that a word) Epona while flying what would happen would happen would he fall to his doom, and what would happen to Epona.

Over all I would love our hero to glide/fly but I'm finding it hard to believe there it a way. People who want Link to fly, looks like your stuck with cuccos and cannon fires.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
If it's not Roc's Cape and is instead of a glide, actual flying, i'd rather not.

Seems out of character for the series. More so than trains anyways.

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
Well I would find it ok on a 2D Zelda game maybe for the DS, but on a3d home console There is a problem.

This really depends on the means of flight. See how in 3D Zelda you are in a 3rd person view behind Link. If Link were to sprout wings, when moving his feet would face the player. Link wears a tunic. I'm not sure how to phrase it but I'm sure you can make sense of the problem I'm seeing.

Link could stand up while riding a mechanical object. It could be like the spinner with wings. The problem with this is that some real life logic has to apply here. Link wouldn't be able to go at much of an angle without falling off the board. Unless they can find a good reason Link could even stay on the board. Sorry Hylian Heros, no backflips or barrel rolls for you.

Link could ride a magical beast. Now if this beast can just be called upon that would defeat the purpose of Epona and what would be the purpose of flying. Unless there is like a Hyrule in the sky there wouldn't be a purpose at all. Hmmm what an interesting idea for a second quest. Sorry I got off topic there. Epona could get wings herself but unlike most of other Links assets Epona is not portable. If there was a heavy use of flying it would need to be in large places where she could fit. Also if Link dismounted (is that a word) Epona while flying what would happen would happen would he fall to his doom, and what would happen to Epona.

Over all I would love our hero to glide/fly but I'm finding it hard to believe there it a way. People who want Link to fly, looks like your stuck with cuccos and cannon fires.

I agree with Twili kid. Link may look fine from a side veiw in cartoon form but in 3d behind the back veiw would look rather rediculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom