• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is There Another Portal?

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
At the end of TP Midna shattered the mirror (I nearly cried when I saw that :cry:) saying that it was the only way to stop the two realms causing problems for each other (Because giving a piece to Link and Zelda wouldn't have helped at all:dry:) and thus ending the story. But I've heard that there is another way into the Twilight Realm and Zelda even hinted it herself. If this is true then Nintendo have a reason to make a sequel to TP and if they did then I hope they would focus on the relationship between Link and Midna that was so obvious that they were bashing you over the head with the sign that said "Aren't these two perfect for each other?" but that's besides the point. What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo has always listened to the Zelda fans when it comes to Zelda (I'm pretty sure the split time line fiasco was confirmed because the fans said it was there) and if people ask for a sequel to TP long enough then we'll probably get one. This ended up going off topic but I like the way it turned out but oh well. If you have any thoughts or complaints (I'm expecting mostly complaints:dry: that TP was too easy) then please leave them in the comments and I'll get back to you.
In a Bizzle Bras:cool:

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I would assume that if you had enough power to leave the Twilight Realm, you could with out using the Mirror of Twilight. And there wouldn't be a sequel to Twilight Princess only because Zant was destroyed which stopped the Twilight, Midna, the Twilight Princess, is gone and shattered the mirror, and Ganondorf was defeated.

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
Ganons' been defeated before and has been revived, Zant was shown as the one who killed Ganon (I think) and as I said they dropped hints that there was another portal. Just because Ganon was defeated doesn't mean its the end of TP Link's adventure, I mean just look at WW Link and Bellum.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I would like a TP sequal, but I feel they wrapped it up too well for one. I don't know why I think this, it's just a vibe I got after I beat the game, the same sort of vibe that tells me there's going to be more to a book series, or another movie.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I would like a TP sequal, but I feel they wrapped it up too well for one. I don't know why I think this, it's just a vibe I got after I beat the game, the same sort of vibe that tells me there's going to be more to a book series, or another movie.

Not including the book series or movie, you pretty much said what I was trying to say. There is no more you can really make into a sequel.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No, I would say they're not going to continue on the Twilight Realm. That's the whole point of Midna shattering the Mirror of Twilight. So their worlds couldn't meet again. So nothing like that could happen again. Oh, and, um...the relationship thing.... Yeah, no, that wasn't really there. Nintendo doesn't really support couples, and if there were any hints, it would have been towards Link and Ilia. (Remember the scene when Ilia got her memory back?) Sure, Midna may have liked Link, but Link obviously didn't share anything back, and probably couldn't even tell Midna liked him. So, yeah. Pretty much, though, that part of the thread was quite pointless to bring up.

I would assume that if you had enough power to leave the Twilight Realm, you could with out using the Mirror of Twilight. And there wouldn't be a sequel to Twilight Princess only because Zant was destroyed which stopped the Twilight, Midna, the Twilight Princess, is gone and shattered the mirror, and Ganondorf was defeated.

Who's to say there won't be a sequel? Ganondorf can still come back. The Triforce wasn't reunited, so he can still get his Triforce piece back somehow. For all we know, he may not have completely died. Closing the chapter there would be pointless. There's a perfect gap for a game after Twilight Princess. Namely one to link it to A Link to the Past.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
Is There Another Portal?
Valve-Portal-2-Game.jpg

I hope that answers your question.

But I've heard that there is another way into the Twilight Realm and Zelda even hinted it herself.
What did Zelda say that hinted at this?

If this is true then Nintendo have a reason to make a sequel to TP
Link's Crossbow Training?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Who's to say there won't be a sequel? Ganondorf can still come back. The Triforce wasn't reunited, so he can still get his Triforce piece back somehow. For all we know, he may not have completely died. Closing the chapter there would be pointless. There's a perfect gap for a game after Twilight Princess. Namely one to link it to A Link to the Past.

No. The ToP left Ganondorf after TP... my belief is that Ganon/Ganondorf ar different individuals, and that Ganon dies before OoT (possibly SS) and his spirit possesses both (OoT/WW/TP and FS/FSA) versions of Ganondorf. After he gets the ToP from Ganondorf, he can take on his own body again. What do you think?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No. The ToP left Ganondorf after TP... my belief is that Ganon/Ganondorf ar different individuals, and that Ganon dies before OoT (possibly SS) and his spirit possesses both (OoT/WW/TP and FS/FSA) versions of Ganondorf. After he gets the ToP from Ganondorf, he can take on his own body again. What do you think?

I've heard this theory before, but I don't think it's the case. Ganondorf always transforms into Ganon by some external force (that's not a spirit). In ALttP, it was the Dark World. In OoT and TP, it was the ToP. In FSA, it was the Trident. They were all obvious transformations. I'm not saying you're stupid in saying what you're saying, I'm just saying that Nintendo seems to have made it increasingly obvious that Ganondorf and Ganon are the same entity, just never at the same time.

What I'm saying about a perfect gap between TP and ALttP is that the Triforce is still split at the end of TP. Ganondorf can still get his piece back. He'd be revived somehow, the Triforce would be reunited at some point, Ganondorf would wish upon it, the Dark World would be established, and then the Seal War would take place. I'm not saying, "I think this is what happens in-between the games because it makes sense," I'm just saying I think it would be a great idea on Nintendo's part. That's just my opinion.

Valve-Portal-2-Game.jpg

I hope that answers your question.

Oh, you... Hahaha, of course you'd be the one to actually bring it up. You silly goose, you. :) :lol:

Link's Crossbow Training?

Link's Crossbow Training is a side-game. It was a game to teach players how to use the Zapper properly. (Hence why it comes with the Zapper.) And it was a much better way than those Wii Sports kinds of explanations.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
What I'm saying about a perfect gap between TP and ALttP is that the Triforce is still split at the end of TP. Ganondorf can still get his piece back. He'd be revived somehow, the Triforce would be reunited at some point, Ganondorf would wish upon it, the Dark World would be established, and then the Seal War would take place. I'm not saying, "I think this is what happens in-between the games because it makes sense," I'm just saying I think it would be a great idea on Nintendo's part. That's just my opinion.
Actually, the Triforce of Power may not have actually left Ganondorf; as far as we know, it only stopped giving him power. I personally think that the Triforce of Power split into eight pieces and scattered throughout Hyrule after TP to set up for a future game (and keep in line with my timeline theory), but, by all means, it is still very likely that the Triforce of Power remained near his corpse like it did in LoZ and became reunited with the rest of the Triforce later.

So TP - ALttP may work a little better than you may think when it comes to the Triforce. I don't agree with it, but I can't complain because the Triforce is split at the end of OoT too.

Link's Crossbow Training is a side-game. It was a game to teach players how to use the Zapper properly. (Hence why it comes with the Zapper.) And it was a much better way than those Wii Sports kinds of explanations.
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/crossbow/vol1_page2.jsp

It is compared to MM as a side-story to a "main" game. The developers wanted to create a more epic story for LCT, but Miyamoto told them to keep it simple and focus a lot more heavily on the gameplay.

In my opinion, LCT is less of a "demonstrative game made more Zelda" and more of a "Zelda game made more demonstrative." After all, part of the reasoning behind creating LCT in the first place was the fact that Miyamoto wanted to quickly create a short new Zelda game because fans normally have to wait about five years for another epic game. None of the "Zelda fan" game testers even said it "wasn't Zelda."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom